TITLE: Program Coordinator, The CARE Course
Through the Rural Coordination Centre of BC, The CARE Course delivers a two-day interprofessional education program in rural healthcare facilities to nurses, physicians and pre-hospital providers. It is a fun, warm and supportive learning experience that helps to improve the confidence and competence of rural emergency care providers and strengthens their community-relationships.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for all the day-to-day operations of program delivery, including travel and shipping logistics, financial processing and interacting with rural providers and local community coordinators. The Program Coordinator is accountable to and will receive work direction from The CARE Course Directors and will co-report to the Senior Manager, Operations and Administration, RCCbc.
The Rural Coordination Centre of BC (RCCbc) mission is to promote improvement in the health status of people living in the rural communities of British Columbia. The RCCbc serves as a strategic forum that facilitates discussions between Partnership Pentagram Plus (Health Administrators, Policy Makers, Rural Communities, Linked Sectors, Academia and Health Providers) on coordination of rural healthcare services, improvement of effective collaboration, network partnership and leadership and to promote understanding of rural health challenges and opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Responsibilities of The Program Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Assists course directors with organizing and planning course dates and locations
- Facilitates communication between local community coordinators, course directors and faculty before, during, and after courses.
- Researches and arranges travel and accommodation bookings for faculty
- Coordinates timely and efficient shipping of equipment to and from communities.
- Monitors and operates the online participant registration and post-course certification processes.
- Ensures accreditation is up-to-date for the program and for each course.
- Prepares and sends course contracts for signatures. Follows up for contract signatures, when needed.
- Prepares and tracks course invoices and payments.
- Produces and processes faculty claim forms.
- Tracks and reports program finances and budget, including monthly credit card reconciliation.
- Research and orders course-related equipment and marketing materials
- Monitors The CARE Course website and brings forward any updates and suggestions.
- Attends RCCbc Team Huddles
- Provides administrative support to meetings as needed
- When attending a course, provides on-site administrative support and trouble-shoots any issues that may arise, in discussion with the course directors
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- Post secondary degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with processing financial claims and program administration
- Rural experience and have a passion/lived experience in improving rural health in patients and communities.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills: actively engages in building and maintaining positive relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and exemplary attention to details
- Ability to multi-task/ balance / prioritize in a layered work environment
- Creative, proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable with contemporary computer / IT tools. Ability and interest in learning new tools as needed.
- Flexibility with schedule as after hour work may be required, including time spent during course delivery over the weekends.
- Good sense of humour, humility and flexibility of thought and approach
The Program Coordinator will work remotely, communicating often with The CARE Course Co-Directors via email, phone, videoconference and from time to time in person at the equipment storage facility in North Vancouver or at the RCCbc office in Vancouver.
Salary: This is a contract position at $30/hr, with an average of 25 hours/week, where some weeks may be over or less depending upon workload. During peak months, there may be more work hours required.
Anticipated decreased hours over summer months.
There is no paid vacation associated with this contract.
Location: Individual/applicant must reside in Vancouver Lower Mainland, with a preference on the North Shore.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Do you reside in British Columbia?
- Are you able to occasionally commute to North Vancouver to meet with the team?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Remote