Canadian Tire looking for Licensed Technician 310S
Must be Licensed Automotive Technician
The Licensed Automotive Technician works in a fast-paced auto service environment, providing superior expertise to customers and the automotive team in automotive systems, diagnostics and repairs. Communication skills are essential to succeed in this position. The Licensed Automotive Technician builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation.
- Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Explains procedures and repairs and any additional maintenance work required to customers in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
- Ensures that an unsafe vehicle is reported to management and the vehicle owner.
- Ensures vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
- Shares ideas and suggestions to improve the customer experience in the Automotive Service Centre.
- Performs accurate and complete vehicle inspections, diagnostics and repairs.
- Instructs monitors and verifies work completed by apprentices. Shares skill set and knowledge with staff members.
- Completes and reviews repair orders and vehicle inspection reports with customers and/or service advisors.
- Maintains company and personally-owned equipment and tools, as required.
- Remains current with up-to-date knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of most domestic and imported vehicles.
- Performs road tests in compliance with store policy.
- Is respectful of all shop tools and equipment.
- Complies with company, store and Automotive Service Centre policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
- Knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Valid 310S Automotive Repair Technician’s license with good standing at Ontario College of Trades
- Valid Driver’s license with clean abstract for the province of employment.
- Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
- Must have own Tools
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and to give precise instructions.
- Aptitude for building and maintaining interpersonal relations, both with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Ability to adapt and cope with pressure.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
- Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Ontario Licensed Technician: 2 years (preferred)
- automotive technician: 2 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
- 310s (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: One location