IQ Engineering (Abbotsford, BC)
Structural Engineer P.Eng.
IQ Engineering is a structural engineering firm based in beautiful (and affordable)
Abbotsford, BC. We started the firm in 2000 and our dynamic team of structural engineers and draftsmen are seeking a full time, motivated Structural Engineer, registered as a P.Eng. to join us. We have a wide variety of projects including commercial, residential and some specialty engineering projects. Typical projects include multi-family residential, commercial buildings, single family homes, seniors care facilities, and individual projects requiring engineering services - this all adds up to a diverse variety and sizes of structures to keep work interesting!
If you want to work part time, lets talk. Full time, no problem. We can be flexible and work with what you can offer. Semi retired, we would love to tap into your experience - maybe do independent reviews for us from your home office.
Our corporate culture is one that is friendly and welcoming, team approach to solving problems, and a constant focus on excellent customer service. We strongly value work-life balance and support each other well as professionals. Our ideal candidate will show a high level of personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, while showing a strong understanding of structural engineering.
- This position requires P.Eng. registration in BC with EGBC
- At least 7 years experience (doing Structural design work after graduation from Uni.) working as a structural engineer in Canada
- Seal drawings as the Engineer of Record (EOR)
- Struct.Eng. an asset
- Excellent understanding of the English language (both written and verbal)
- Strong communication skills both in the office and also on site with clients and contractors.
- Proficient with SAFE, ETABS, SAP2000, AutoCAD, Excel and other industry design programs an asset.
- Self starter, team player and who values professional development
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence, and own vehicle
- Knowledge of current building codes and design standards
- Create innovative structural solutions for our clients, and be involved with various meetings to communicate solutions
- Help co-ordinate design work with architects, site supervisors, and other project engineers
- A solid understanding of seismic and wind forces is required along with the ability to confidently design buildings in steel, concrete, timber and masonry.
- Can take a project from conceptual design, through construction, to final field reviews (start to finish)
- Ability to read, interpret construction documents
- Complete structural calculations and prepare/edit structural specifications
- Review projects, & make recommendations for code and standard compliance
- Writing reports, preparing drawings, estimates, inspections, and proposals
- Full-time or Part Time (Mon-Friday; 8:30 am – 5:00 pm though flexible)
- Salary: competitive compensation based on experience.
- Possible company share purchasing available
- Benefits: Dental care, Extended Medical Care, Vision Care, Life insurance,
Disability insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Sick Days, Work-life Balance,
Professional Development opportunities
If you would like to discuss your move to IQ Engineering, email us to talk about your future with us. Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence.
We thank all that apply but only applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Casual, Freelance
Salary: $75.00 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Structural design: 10 years (required)
- P.Eng. with EGBC (British Columbia) (required)
Work Location: Remote