Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
Position: Instrumentation Journeyman
Type: Full Time
Location: CNRL HVAC
- Competitive market rates
- Vacation pay at 6% - paid out bi-weekly upon start date
- Health & Dental and Long-Term Disability Benefits– eligible after 3 months of continuous service
- RPP (Registered Pension Plan) with company matching.
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Progression and development opportunities
- Safety Recognition
- Years of Service Recognition – Annual
- Bouchier welcome gift and company swag
- Overtime available but not guaranteed
- Accommodations provided – Available dependent upon role/site
- Flights from Edmonton/Calgary hub – Available dependent upon role and work location
The Industrial Instrumentation Technician will be responsible for repairing, maintaining, calibrating, adjusting, and installing industrial measuring and controlling instrumentation. Other responsibilities will include consulting manufacturer's manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing.
- Consult manufacturer's manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
- Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing and new plant equipment and processes
- Consult with and advise process operators.
- Ensures that the required maintenance activities are completed in a manner that promotes safety as the first priority
- Provides proactive safety and environmental leadership by example
- Fosters a spirit of cooperation between operators, trades and technical staff to achieve Utility Area and overall goals
- Assists in the development of the Instrumentation Maintenance Philosophy and Maintenance Procedures
- Assess and input into the instrumentation spare parts requirements for the area on an ongoing basis
- Plans daily and long-term instrumentation/control maintenance activities. This includes priority setting in consultation with operations, maintenance and technical input
- Executes instrumentation maintenance activities and stays current with applicable governmental regulations, which may affect Instrumentation Maintenance Procedures
- Assists in the development of the Electrical Maintenance Philosophy and Maintenance Procedures
- Assess and input into electrical spare parts requirements for the area on an ongoing basis
- Encourages participation from operations, technical and maintenance in developing innovative solutions to problems
- Executes electrical maintenance activities and stays current with applicable governmental regulations, which may affect Electrical Maintenance Procedures
- Other duties and activities as appropriate and necessary
Education & Experience:
- High-school diploma
- Alberta Certified Journeyperson Instrumentation Ticket as well as Alberta Certified Journeyperson Electrician Ticket required
- Experience as an Industrial Instrumentation Technician preferred
- Knowledge and ability to work on 110v up to and including 600v system and equipment.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of your safety tickets and drivers abstract.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found.
Please apply online: Via: bouchier.ca/careers
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.