Job Description for Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician / Handyman / REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer / Shift In-charge
Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing
Day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. And to complete maintenance work orders from all departments on
A timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures. Continually work towards and support
The improvement of maintenance service to guests, other departments and fellow staff.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to
Company standards, anticipate and address guests. Understand and operate basic electrical, plumbing,
HVAC, and boiler systems. Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want
And to provide them with information and assistance. Check for new maintenance requests from the
PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed. Update the
Maintenance work order form / Job card and file them. Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges
And other measuring units. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments. Ability to work under
Pressure situations and exercise good judgments. Ability to focus attention on details, speed and
Accuracy. Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information. Ability to
Ensure security of guest room access and hotel property. Ability to read and understand test equipment,
Measuring devices, and safety manuals. Perform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging
Toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air
Conditioners / HVAC and AC ducts. Operates and maintains building Pool and Slides. Performs Pool
Chemical testing and records daily.
● Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing
And electrical equipment and cosmetic items. Program TV's and perform general housekeeping
And engineering-related inventory duties. Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all
Types of equipment. To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment
In the hotel. To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses
Of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown. Carry out
Specific oral and written instructions. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and
Supplies as needed. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional,
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
● Maintains Pool and Water quality testing equipment.
● maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Performs other
Duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor
● Ensuring safety, complying with Holiday Inn’s Safety requirements
● Drywall repairs, painting preparation and painting, minor electrical and plumbing repairs
● Minor renovation of kitchen cabinets, doors, cupboards and windows
● Repair and replacement of locks
● Minor electrical repairs including replacing and repairing electrical locks and checking all security
● Moving equipment, materials, and supplies
● Responding, troubleshooting and prioritizing work orders and handling emergency situations in a
● Removal of snow off walkways and common areas, as needed
● Conduct building inspections
● Maintain tools and equipment
● Assist in the implementation of preventative maintenance programs
● Plastering and painting when repairs when required
● Vinyl wallpaper repairs
● Maintaining Pool equipment and testing
● One - Two years’ experience in building maintenance
● Able to provide a criminal record check that is free of relevant convictions
● if using a company vehicle, provide annual drivers abstract and proof of a valid driver's license
● Able to lift up to 50 lbs., work with and climb stairs with equipment and supplies.
● Basic trade knowledge of Plumbing, Carpentry, and electrical.
● Fluent in the English language.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $19.00-$20.13 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
Work Location: In person