Our client currently has a full time opening for a Red Seal Certified Millwright position to fill a permanent day shift. They are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time long-term career. You can expect a challenging, stable, and safe work environment. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or submit your resume online today!
Salary: $40.66 per hour, Full-time, Permanent
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- RRSP Match
- Attendance Bonus
- Medical, Dental care and Vision Care
- RRSP match
- 10 hour shift Mon-Thurs schedule, Day Shift
- OT available on Fridays (maintenance day)
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Journeyman Industrial Mechanic or Red Seal Certified Millwright
- Understanding of mechanical and hydraulic concepts.
- 5 years experience in forestry applications, sawamills, pulp and paper
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Ability to follow instructions and work without constant supervision.
- Must obtain the skills to be able to run any piece of equipment so that test runs can be performed for each machine on which repairs are made.
- Must be a team player and able to work with people in an intelligent and professional manner.
- This position requires someone who is a self-starter. There is always something to be done without necessarily being told to do so.
- Read, write, and understand equipment drawings and blueprints.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
- Cutting, welding, and performing fabrication work with different types of steel.
- Assess repairs and estimate time frames to complete repairs.
- Repair machinery in a timely manner.
- Identify mechanical and hydraulic problems and assist in findings solutions and making necessary repairs.
- Communicate directly and professionally with operators about how equipment is running and to learn about any problems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the Planning and Scheduling Departments.
- Must adhere to an absolute lock-out/tag-out policy. Before any repairs are made, the power source to the equipment must be turned off, locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
- Effectively manage and plan work so as to accomplish all job tasks without having direct supervision on all matters.
- Submit work requests.
- Clean up after each job.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Must adhere to all safety policies and standards.
- Must adhere to all HR policies and standards.
- Perform any other duties in any area requested by Supervisor in order to keep area in operation.
Armstrong, BC is best known for its long history with world renown cheese and still has a cheese factory where you can get your made on site gourmet cheeses and all kinds of gift items too! Armstrong prides itself on the friendly nature of its residents and the beauty of its community and landscape. It has all the amenities including shopping, great restaurants, and sport facilities. If you want to live in a happy place that feels like home, Armstrong is your City! Armstrong, The Heart of Country plays host each year to the IPE, Interior Provincial Exhibition. With an average of over 130,000 visitors each year this small community of around 5000 people really gets moving! There are plenty of activities including the Midway rides and games and the nightly Rodeo to entertain everyone.