Manufacturing Production Control Team Leader
The Team Leader leads a team of associates for an assigned production line/department to meet or exceed safety, quality, and production goals. This is accomplished by activities including associate training and development, assigning work activities, managing schedules, and working closely with supporting departments, problem solving. The Team Leader is responsible to report results and abnormalities for the assigned production activity. The Team Leader is responsible for the safety of the Associates in his/her department. They create a positive and open communication path for all associates and provides an opportunity for all associates to contribute.
RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES:
- Allocate Associate resources as required during the shift.
- Identify training requirements, and facilitate Associate training utilizing DJI methodology.
- Complete Performance Appraisals and Radar evaluations with department Associates.
- Lead and/or facilitate troubleshooting of production, quality and machine fault related issues utilizing root cause analysis, past practice, associate input, and DMCN standards to identify problems.
- Responsible for sorting and containment of non-conforming products to ensure quality to the customer.
- Evaluate, adjust, improve, and prepare countermeasures to meet department targets.
- Lead, coach, and issue corrective action to associates as required
- Respond to Associate issues concerning quality, communication, safety, ensuring associates follow all DMCN policies and procedures.
- Complete all required visual management KPI’s and report at daily Genba review.
- Participate in DENSO Quality Circle program
- Provide safe work environment for all team members
- Foster associate engagement through positive daily interactions
- Complete daily standard work audits
- Update and create OMS as required
- Support completion of PCARs
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned (includes all non-essential or non-major activities)
- · High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- · Previous leadership experience in a high volume manufacturing
- · Previous leadership experience running a warehouse
- · Post secondary education.
- · Previous leadership experience automotive manufacturing, and knowledge of TS16949.
- · Human-Tech/Ergonomics knowledge
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Managing multiple tasks simultaneously including direct and indirect managing of associates.
- Ability to lead, direct, and facilitate groups of associates.
- Ability to create positive and effective relationships with Associates.
- Problem solving abilities utilizing root cause analysis.
- Continuous improvement driven
*** Candidates under consideration must be available to be interviewed in person, at our Guelph location. ***
Why Choose DENSO?
- 100% Company paid health benefits plan starting on your first day
- 3% Shift Premium paid for working Afternoons, 6% for Midnight shift
- Opportunities for rewards and travel with continuous improvement programs
- Overtime paid after 40 hours
- Earn $1000 with our Associate referral program
- We can help plan your financial future with our Retirement Savings Plan of 9% (4% Associate RRSP, 4% Company RRSP, 1% Pension)
- Enjoy healthy and varied meals in our subsidized cafeteria. Free coffee every Monday.
- Annual safety shoe and clothing allowance
- Stable and secure employment with no layoffs in 20+ years
- Tuition and training cost reimbursement for qualified academic and professional upgrading
- Social Committee activities and associate recognition initiatives including softball & golf tournaments and discounted tickets for many events
- Internal posting system promotes growth from within the company
- Electric charging stations for cars and E-bikes
- Annual fitness reimbursement of $100 towards your gym membership
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $61,000.00-$91,300.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON N1L 1K1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- automotive manufacturing: 3 years (required)
- supervisor or leadership in a warehouse environment: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person