- Prepares, stages, sets up, and performs data center hardware startups and shutdowns (e.g., racks, hard drives, switches) according to specific instructions provided via checklists, guides, standard protocols, and emails; assists and provides guidance to other technicians to complete challenging or complex tasks.
- Performs diagnostics and troubleshooting following standard procedures, quickly identifies the root-cause(s) of the issue(s), and replaces faulty components with minimal customer and business disruption.
- Performs post-execution quality checks and verifies that grounding, staging, labeling, and cabling are set up properly according to safety protocols, deployment standards, and planned Network Design Tasks (NDTs),
- Decommissions hardware for simple changes and refreshes (e.g., memory upgrades, OS rebuilds) following standard procedures with minimal guidance.
- Follows procedures to communicate, report, and escalate incidents to appropriate ZT Management.
- Participates in daily safety briefings, completes required safety training, complies with safety procedures (e.g., equipment use, lifting, electrical hazards, ladder/rolling stair use).
- Contributes to a positive and effective team environment by sharing information with others, contributing to regular team meetings, asking questions, and staying apprised of the status of others’ work.
- Proactively shares relevant information to enable efficient workflow and mitigate the impact that changes to their area of work will have on others.
- Completes assigned tickets efficiently and in alignment with expectations for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) per task type, while meeting or exceeding established Service Level Agreements (SLAs), with minimal guidance from others.
- Has pride and a sense of accountability for the service quality, completeness, and resulting user experience; displays accountability and ownership of the data center facilities.
- Learns the client’s business and maintains a strong client focus to understand the impact of their work when completing tickets and assigned tasks.
- Exceptional server hardware knowledge with deep understanding of all component & system type failures
- Ability to assist in conducting failure analysis on field issues.
- Ability to assist in tracking server fleet health to investigate emerging failure trends (Problem Management) and validate that ZT is maintaining customer SLA.
- Solid experience with IPMI utilization in diagnostics.
- Administer software tools (e.g.: diagnostics, tests, FW updates).
- Experience in real-time issue resolution during new deployments.
- Experienced with Windows Server OS & WinPE OS administration.
- Experience with Linux PXE services a plus.
- Basic Linux and Windows scripting experience.
- Network troubleshooting of Layer-1, Layer-2, Layer-3.
- Virtual Machine set up and environment configurations.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a local or geographically dispersed team environment.
- 2+ years of experience as a data center technician.
- Associate degree in computer science, computer engineering, Information technology or equivalent experience preferred.
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA Server+ or equivalent experience.
- CCENT or equivalent experience.
- Windows OS experience.
- CCNA certification preferred.
- MCP/MSCE certification preferred.Scripting experience preferred – PowerShell, Python, Bash.
- The ability to lift up to 35 pounds when necessary.
- The ability to safely climb ladders when necessary.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly when necessary.
- The ability to stand and walk throughout the facility for extended periods without loss or reduction of productivity.
- The ability to (i) use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, (ii) make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls, (iii) bend or twist their body and (iv) repeat movements for extended periods without loss or reduction of productivity.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 24 months
Pay: $15.50-$30.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday