Hobart is the leading supplier of equipment, systems and service in the food industry. Hobart offers the broadest line of equipment including cooking, food preparation, refrigeration, bakery systems, warewashing and waste systems, and weighing, wrapping and labeling systems. Headquartered in North York, Ontario with branch offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Ontario, Edmonton, Alberta, and Vancouver, British Columbia.
Reporting to the Western Regional Sales Manager you will be responsible for outside selling and the solicitation of Cooking & Refrigeration equipment to both new and existing customers. You will be responsible for the management of the Cooking & Refrigeration product category revenue within Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Northwestern Ontario region including all dealers and all sold equipment destined for the assigned territory.
A professional Sales Representative with 4 plus years of direct work experience in a sales role, strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques. You have a customer focus mind-set, ability to work independently and as a member of a team, prioritize responsibilities, consistently meet deadlines and have strong organizational skills. You will be results and solutions-oriented, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to continually increase sales and grow our business.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including word, power point, excel and outlook.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in CRM management, with the ability to maintain existing customer profiles and add as required.
- Proven record of sales success.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Basic understanding of Financial Statements
- Working knowledge of AQ (AutoQuotes)
- Ability to make an informed decision using available information on their own.
- Must enjoy selling, working with people and being in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, with high energy and driven by ego to surpass sales goals.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Background in Foodservice Operations.
- Red Seal Chef Certification or equivalent experience preferred
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and grow both internal and external customer relationships for Cooking & Refrigeration equipment sales.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and work ethic and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Provide sales leads to dealer accounts, monitor dealer activity and promote participation in Vulcan & Traulsen sales programs.
- Manage spec line sales in partnership with our channel partners, including Food Service Consultants, Equipment Dealers Design specialists and end user procurement departments targeting chain restaurants, institutions and dealer stocking programs.
- Support all identified dealers & Food Service Consultants with maximum effort and support to drive growth in the Cooking & Refrigeration revenue line.
- Assist Hobart TSR’s and authorized dealer representatives in the field with cooking & refrigeration end users visits & leads, prepare quotes, secure and track orders
- Provide training and technical information as needed on dealer driven products to channel partners and Hobart TSR’s. Ensure the dealer DSR is proficient and comfortable with all dealers driven products to be supported by the channel partner
- Manage Cooking & Refrigeration projects with end users in assigned territory.
- Submit timely reports on sales activity, competitive and market conditions.
- Travel within Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Northwestern Ontario as required. Travel estimated at 33%.
- Attend all local industry functions and travel as needed to support the company and customers, including occasional travel to the United States.
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures
We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
- Company car
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Food Equipment Sales: 3 years (preferred)
- Cooking: 2 years (preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (preferred)
- • Red Seal Chef Certification or equivalent experience (preferred)
Work Location: On the road