SYSTEM ENGINEER / SPECIALIST – NUCLEAR
Cambridge, ON (Hybrid)
$40.00 - $65.00 per hour
It’s an Exciting Time at Eclipse
Eclipse Automation is now part of Accenture Industry X, and together we will design and build the future in unprecedented ways! For over 20 years, Eclipse has provided leading-edge automation solutions, and now we are able to increase the scale of our expertise by being a part of the Accenture family.
Eclipse Automation is seeking a System Engineer / Specialist to join our growing Nuclear Division in Cambridge, ON. Reporting to the Chief Engineer – Nuclear, the System Engineer/Specialist will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting specialized tooling and equipment systems for a diverse project portfolio within the Nuclear Sector.
Collaborating with cross-functional teams, the System Specialist/Engineer will take ownership of complex tooling systems in-order to deliver the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture on time and on budget.
The System Engineer/Specialist job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and support specialized tooling/equipment systems provided by Eclipse to the nuclear industry.
- Take ownership of complex tooling systems: accountable to set requirements, verify performance, develop maintenance and inspection programs, and support operator training programs.
- Monitor performance and review operating experience to recognize areas for improvement and develop concepts for upgrades as required.
- Regularly review overall project status and open issues, and lead implementation of recovery plans as necessary.
- Provide oversight to Project Engineers and Designers in the development and completion of all technical deliverables.
- Monitor overall health of assigned portfolio.
- Interface with key decision makers to ensure a common understanding of ongoing project status and proactively address any quality, schedule, or cost concerns.
- Identify new opportunities and assist in development and execution of capture plan.
- Proactively recognize issues, initiate action, assist in problem solving and evaluate results on major issues.
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met. Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not met.
- Expectation of travel to vendor/supplier/customer locations is less than 10% of time, however, may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet project needs.
- Promote positive relations between departments and partners, customers, vendors, and distributors
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Successful completion of a University Degree or College Diploma in Engineering / Robotics Automation Technology or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in technical leadership in the field of automation or specialized equipment with demonstrated success in medium/large-scale, high-profile projects.
- Ontario P. Eng. license is an asset.
- Formal project management training through PMI or equivalent, PMP is an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
What’s In It for YOU?
The Eclipse team is 900+ strong, working out of 17 locations across 5 countries and 3 continents. Our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage.
When you join Eclipse Automation, you become a member of a dynamic world-wide team of experts, visionaries, dreamers, and builders whose know-how is unparalleled. A team that’s helping design and build our future, one innovation at a time.
Come and see what your future has in store. Your next exhilarating career move awaits!
Here at Eclipse Automation, creation and innovation is at our core, and our culture reflects that. Fast paced and continuously fostering growth, we encourage the entrepreneurial spirit that our Teams embody, and leverage each of their strengths to do better for our people, our clients, and our communities.
Our teams are made up of are innovators, thinkers, and doers, with the know-how and expertise to exceed expectations, and the relentless spirit to create and reinvent. Our people are what enable us to live up to our name – to eclipse all others, inspiring and creating outcomes that change the world.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.