You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Structural/Bridge Engineer, you will be working with multidisciplinary teams on various types of projects. The depth and dedication of our professional staff enables McIntosh Perry to offer our clients services from concept to beyond construction and our bridge engineering projects carry a reputation of quality and cost-effectiveness. In this role, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform OSIM inspections including bridges, culverts and retaining walls;
- Summarize and document findings into inspection report or Bridge Management System;
- Assist senior staff in engineering design including quantity take-out, cost estimates and working days calculations;
- Assist structural design report or memo writing as needed; and
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Completion of a university degree in Civil Engineering with interests in Structural Engineering;
- Holds licensing as a Professional Engineer in Ontario and/or about to receive designation;
- 1-2 years relevant experience, MTO experience considered an asset;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Proficient with AutoCAD (would be considered an asset);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and time management;
- Ability to work efficiently a team member; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license in Ontario.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This role is eligible for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program. If you have been referred, please provide the employee name at the time of application (Excellent together 'employee name').