AV Terrace Bay is looking for a suitable candidate for a Mechanical Project Engineer.
- Supervise and provide leadership in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement
- Develop and achieve targets in safety, quality, cost, and delivery
- Execute capital projects and other significant mill changes/improvements while impacting safety in the mill in a positive manner
- Ensure safety is designed into all equipment additions and modifications
- Provide project management leadership for capital projects including scope creation, scheduling, monitoring and control
- Experience in developing the budget proposals for capital projects with technical justification
- Complete the technical design of projects to ensure that all applicable codes and standards are applied
- Provide Engineering analysis during selection and optimization of equipment
- Assist with detailed design drawings for equipment installation
- Supervise all equipment rebuilds, develop specifications, implement tracking methods and monitor quality control.
- Include energy and cost-effectiveness in the design of all equipment additions and modifications
- Execute capital projects ensuring successful achievement of mill objectives
- Coordinate maintenance and project construction activities to ensure quality while minimizing process-related downtime
- Support the development and implementation of cost reduction and mill production improvement plans
- Support purchasing through preparing and reviewing specifications
- Collaborate with operations and maintenance personnel to implement capital projects
- Strong project background with demonstrated technical skills including responsibility for the projects pertaining to the kraft mill including multi-fuel power boiler, recovery boilers, evaporators, Limekiln, water purification and demineralizer and pulping systems.
- Controlling project costs by developing competitive bid packages, monitoring expenditures, administering contractor contracts, and managing contractors.
- Establishing project schedules by studying project plans and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintaining project schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems.
- Responsible for construction oversight during implementation phases of on-site construction
- Review welding procedures and construction procedures;
- Codes and Standards Review and Interpretation;
- Abide by the spirit of all identified industry safety guidelines, mandates, regulations and laws
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience in Project/Construction Management, Process, and Piping system design
- Project Management experience in Pulp/Paper/Chemical/Oil and Gas/Cement industry preferred
- Project Management Skills including projects handled between $1MM and $10 MM
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification an asset
- Valid authorization to work in Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ontario: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Project management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person