We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Lead, with Industrial Millwright designation, to join our growing team.
The Maintenance Lead is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all plant equipment and machinery including pneumatic, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems. The Maintenance Lead must have multi-craft skills and be able to troubleshoot and make repairs to a wide variety of equipment. The Maintenance Lead is expected to complete preventive maintenance on equipment and identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
Senior Manager Industrial Process - Engineering
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to maintain the safe and efficient operation of equipment including burn off oven, dry off oven, high pressure compressors, Sleeving/packaging machines, pre treatment system pumps, powder air guns systems, plumbing system, wastewater treatment and HVAC systems
- Responsible for monitoring and minimizing plant and equipment downtime, execution of permanent repairs and preventative maintenance, complicated changeovers, and significant improvement of area
- Develop, and continuously improve preventative maintenance methods
- Generate weekly reports for engineering team
- Use computerized maintenance management system to plan 52-week PM schedule, and enter unplanned work order, and prioritize and delegate workload. Track labour, time and materials for maintenance orders
- Have mechanical, electrical, controls expertise to identify and repair equipment problems
- Follow safety and Lockout-tagout procedures, along with LEAN manufacturing practices
- Conduct routine audits of operating equipment; Inspect and monitor the condition of equipment
- Complete preventive maintenance and/or planned work orders. Complete routine maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustments and equipment repairs
· Evaluating hazards and identifying procedures that should be taken to achieve safe work environment and to comply with environmental & health and safety regulations
· Keep accurate records of all pertinent maintenance documentation.
· Recommend and implement improvements for recurring reliability issues in plant
· Attend and participate in all maintenance planning and daily downtime meetings
· Provides training for operators in optimal changeover procedures, proper PM, and work order completion. Assist in development and evaluation of maintenance team to ensure the efficient operation of the function
· Manage maintenance vendor communication, scheduling and related processes including service calls, RFP’s, quotes and special projects
· Promote a safe working environment, report potential hazards, and ensure site adherence to all health and safety procedures
· Promote and establish “Autonomous Maintenance” initiatives. Follow and support implementation of Total Productive Maintenance program
· Oversee janitorial and facilities maintenance
· Establish and support 5S activities
Requirements & Qualifications:
· Technical degree/trade certification with 5 years or equivalent manufacturing or facilities technician experience required - Millwright 433A trade certification for the province of Ontario.
- A minimum of five (5) years previous experience as a site millwright engaged in the operation of industrial machinery and related equipment.
· Has diverse experience in welding.
· Experience operating and building out maintenance programs using computerized maintenance management system
· Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Results oriented and strong attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Adaptable, with flexible work hours
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
- Millwright 433A certification (required)
Work Location: In person