Location: 355151 35th Line, Embro ON N0J 1J0.
Federal White Cement Ltd is not accessible via public transportation. Individual transportation will be required.
Who We Are
FEDERAL WHITE CEMENT is a major manufacturer of white portland cement in North America. From its two-kiln manufacturing facility, FWC provides, and is known for, its time tested consistent high quality white cement. Federal White Cement was established in 1979. Through modernizations in 1999, 2007, and most recently in 2018, Federal White cement increased production capabilities at the plant while maintaining excellent quality control to become one of the most modern cement manufacturing facilities in the world.
Federal White Cement’s sole business is white cement. Our people are committed to serving the industries that use white cement with the most consistent product available, and superior customer service that is difficult to find in today’s world.
Why work for Federal White Cement?
FWC is the benchmark for white cement in North America. We are currently undergoing a tremendous growth process to improve our production facility to shape ourselves into a more efficient and greener process.
At Federal White Cement we are mindful, that our white cement is made by our people and not only our machines. We are always striving to improve our process in making our operations and product better.
Do you want to be part of FWC ?
We are seeking a Procurement & Inventory Manager, who will be responsible for procurement, sourcing, materials management, warehousing, logistics and inventory control of parts and equipment. Strong emphasis will be placed on continuously improving the movement, storage, and processing of inventory through a series of stages in the supply chain process, while setting up KPIs and benchmarks to measure real progress against FWC’s goals. Ensuring that the needs of internal clients are addressed and relationships with suppliers are maintained is critical to this role.
The Procurement & Inventory Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following set of tasks:
- Recommending, establishing, and maintaining a working and efficient inventory management process/system
- Leading your team in developing, implementing and evaluating all procurement and inventory management processes, ensuring to meet internal needs and fulfill business objectives
- Managing performance and nurturing growth of the Stores Department through training & development, goal setting, coaching, and providing relevant feedback
- Maintaining compliance with changing practices, standards, regulations and laws by auditing, creating and implementing the necessary relevant policies and procedures
- Establishing a foundation for partnerships through effective vendor selection, contract management, relationship building, and performance measurement
- Negotiating with vendors for materials, in alignment with business goals
- Working closely with the Accounting Department to ensure alignment with AP function
- College degree with a Certified Purchaser Designation
- 3+ years leading a procurement/inventory department in a fast-paced, largely automated manufacturing plant environment
- Cement Manufacturing Industry experience is an asset
- Capacity to effectively communicate and build relationships with various internal departments and external vendors, using a variety of mediums
- Ability to recognize, apply and explain relevant product/service knowledge
- Ability to proficiently use a desktop computer (including programs such as Microsoft Office and Outlook).
- Competitive salary within the field
- Flexible pension fund, with company contribution.
- Additional Health Care Benefits including medical, dental and vision care.
- Company provided laundered uniforms, boot allowance and PPE.
We thank all applicants who apply, although only those candidates who are chosen to participate further in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Federal White Cement Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation (including, but not limited to, alternate format of materials, an accessible interview environment) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Embro, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Procurement/Inventory department management: 3 years (preferred)
- Cement Industry: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person