Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Sawmill Maintenance Supervisor, Thunder Bay Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Sawmill Maintenance Supervisor, Thunder Bay Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Sawmill Maintenance Supervisor for our flagship 300 million board foot Sawmill at Thunder Bay, Ontario. The Sawmill Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance performance of a state of art three line stud mill.
The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Maintenance General Supervisor, and is directly responsible to provide supervision to maintenance personnel and external maintenance contractors to work in a safe and productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime.
- Ensure application of highest Safety standards for all maintenance operations
- Provide leadership, technical support and coaching trade personnel and peers while developing and maintaining positive employee relations
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel to plan, schedule and supervise maintenance and capital work as we transition from project construction into daily operation activities
- Utilize the Maintenance & Supply Chain Best Practices in conjunction with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, purchase requisitions, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
- Perform periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating conditions and need for repair or adjustment
- Supervise repairs/projects carried out by sub-contractors and ensure quality of work and adherence to deadlines through rigorous follow-ups
- Plan and control expenditures in accordance with the operating budget of the department
- Verify the availability of parts, materials and special tools required for execution
- Ensure compliance to internal and external policies, procedures and regulations with respect to the Health and Safety of the maintenance employees and site contractors
- Reporting to the Maintenance General Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Mechanical, Electrical Engineering Technologist, Trades certification or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in related industrial environment
Your assets and skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and CMMS and solid computer skills
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Reliability Excellence
- Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture;
- Knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.