Helicopter pilot (NOC 2271)
Yellowhead Helicopters Ltd.
4275 Hangar Road
Prince George, BC
Location: Various locations
4275 Hangar Road
Prince George, BC V2N 4M6
Dease Lake, BC V0C 1L0
Stewart, BC V0T 0A6
On the road job
Salary: $384.61 / day plus flight pay
Vacancies: 5 vacancies
Terms of employment: Seasonal employment, Full time 40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: On call, Overtime, Flexible hours
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
Work Site Environment
Outdoors, At heights, Confined spaces, Dangerous, Noisy, Non-smoking
Willing to travel regularly, Willing to travel for extended periods
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Ability to distinguish between colours, Sound discrimination, Sitting, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Large workload, Overtime required
Pilot Specific Skills
Fly fixed wing aircrafts or helicopters, Conduct in-flight tests and monitor functioning of aircraft equipment and systems during flights, Maintain communications with flight dispatchers and weather forecasters and respond to and report in-flight emergencies and malfunctions, Test new aircraft to evaluate performance, Contact control towers for takeoff clearances, arrival instructions and other information, Co-ordinate flight activities with ground crews and air-traffic control, inform crew members of flight and test procedures and direct activities of aircraft crew during flights, Conduct pre-flight inspection of aircraft and check passenger and cargo distribution to ensure that weight and balance specifications are met, Prepare flight evaluation reports
Type of Flying
Search and rescue, Aerial surveys, Aircraft testing, Forest firefighting, External load, precision external load
- Responsible to complete the daily inspection prior to each flight assignment
- Check suitability of the weather prior to each flight assignment. This may be carried out online or on the phone
- Responsible to clean the aircraft and conduct a pre-flight inspection (Daily Inspection or “DI”) of the aircraft after each day’s flight assignment and to secure the aircraft at the end of each day (ie. Tie-down, covers, etc.)
- Meet and communicate with the customer each morning regarding the day’s flight assignments and may also be required to be formal customer liaison at other times
- Prior to each flight ensure that the aircraft is ready to fly and is suitably-equipped for the mission (ie. Sling gear, water bucket, nets, etc.)
- May be required to drop crews in the field and return to camp or remain in the field with the crews between flights.
- Complete paperwork after each day’s flying assignment including Journey Log entries, Flight Tickets, Pilot Work Record, tracking paperwork, communicate with Engineer or with the Base with respect to anomalous operations and running aircraft times
- Carry out other duties assigned
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Commercial Pilot Licence – rotors, Aviation medical
Work Location Information
Remote location, Various locations
Client focus, Organized, Reliability, Team player, Values and ethics, Accurate, Judgement, Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Initiative, Flexibility
Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Other benefits (Normal course of salary increase, discretionary bonus)
Bonus, Commission (Flight Pay)
Completion of secondary school and graduation from a certified flying or aviation school required; Pilot must hold a Canadian commercial pilot license CPL (H); Have endorsement on either light or Intermediate Bell, AS350, Bell Medium, or BK117 twin engine aircraft; Experience with Bell 206 an asset; Must demonstrate minimum flight hours as required by employer; Valid Class 1 medical; Strong understanding of the Canadian Air Regulations preferred; Excellent communication skills; Ability to follow documented policies and procedures including pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
Proof of the requested certifications
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: From $384.61 per day
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- helicopter: 3 years (required)
- pilot's license (required)
Work Location: On the road