Job ID: 7085
Working Business Language: English
At Wawanesa, we’re proud to offer a flexible hybrid work environment where our employees may have the flexibility to work from the office, hybrid or remote. This role requires you to work at a Wawanesa Office and/or requires you to be able to travel by ground throughout Saskatoon, SK as much as necessary.
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1896, is one of Canada’s largest mutual insurers, with over $4 billion in annual revenue and assets of $12 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon; Wawanesa Life, which provides life insurance products and services throughout Canada; and Western Financial Group, which distributes personal and business insurance across Canada. Wawanesa proudly serves more than two million members in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy. Learn more at wawanesa.com.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience and advancement on a growing team.
Under direct supervision the Business Development Representative will maintain brokerage relationships between Wawanesa and brokerage network, assist in developing and achieving targeted business goals with contracted brokers, and assist in developing opportunities to grow the business with new brokerages and territories within the Saskatoon, SK region, all which reflect Wawanesa’s strategies.
- Act as a liaison between Wawanesa and our brokers to ensure flow of communication and assist in solving any company/brokerage concerns.
- Maintain the brokerage relationship which includes; sharing production results, assist in setting and achieving growth and marketing plans based on individual brokerage plans and regional goals, and assessing a brokerages benefit or risk to regional goals.
- Work effectively with functional departments and management teams to achieve plans and goals, which includes; training sessions, facilitating meetings with Wawanesa and brokerage staff, implementing underwriting plans, providing marketplace information, and directing claim or underwriting concerns to the appropriate channels at broker and Wawanesa offices.
- Maintain a strong understanding and knowledge of marketplace, products, brokerages, and competitors.
- Assess non contracted brokerage opportunities and territories to achieve growth and production plans.
- Liaison and coordinate efforts with all Marketing and Business Development departments as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant insurance experience
- Proficient Microsoft Office
- Solid planning and organizing skills with the ability to monitor performance and results.
- Good presentation and training skills with the ability to communicate at the right level for the audience.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team player who makes quality contributions and supports fellow team members.
- Insurance Designation considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in; Business, Marketing, Communications or a relatable field would be considered an asset.
Wawanesa is proud to be one of Manitoba's Top Employers for 2023 recognizing that we are an exceptional place to work!
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our full-time permanent employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, annual bonus plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Wawanesa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is equitable and inclusive for all. Wawanesa provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or marital status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request throughout all aspects of the selection process. Candidates requiring accommodations may contact, in confidence, [email protected].
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.