YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. Baggage Operations is an integral part of providing the safe, reliable and predictable delivery of every passenger’s bag, every time.
As a Baggage Systems Technician – Mechanical, you will repair, maintain and provide condition assessment for all mechanical assets utilized in the Airport Authority’s baggage system.
Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to all trouble calls and diagnose, repair and return baggage system to serviceability with minimum downtime
- Work with planning and/or controls teams to carry out complex or time intensive repairs when they cannot be completed as a trouble call
- Devise, recommend and implement workarounds to baggage delivery within the system when there is downtime due to corrective maintenance
- Carry out technical work, as prescribed in job plans, and where appropriate or necessary, advise on and update plans
- Inspect, assess and report on the mechanical and electrical condition of infrastructure
Key qualifications include:
- At least two years of experience in environments with mechanical and electrical equipment, supplemented by the completion of four years of technical college and an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright red seal; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Solid computer skills
- Excellent communication skills including report writing
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret complex baggage layouts and drawing schematics
- Valid forklift operator’s license, as well as, driver’s license
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you truly belong and help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at [email protected].
Join us on this journey as we continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.