JOB OBJECTIVE: To manage the development, sourcing and production for all nominated fabrics and trims across all 4 banners (Ricki’s, cleo, Bootlegger and Warehouse One) achieving the best price, quality and on-time delivery of goods through a best-in-class global mill matrix and partnering with the Buying teams in the Banners and Parian Category Sourcing teams to maximize consolidation of fabrics across all 4 banners of common fabrics.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
A. Formally establish and manage a Fabric and Trim Sourcing, process, fabric nomination, department and the Fabric and Trim library at Parian and the 4 Banners
1. Refine and manage an efficient process to source, negotiate, present, consolidate, nominate and position fabrics and trims specified by each banner with no risk or inventory exposure to Parian and the Banners.
2. Manage all development and sourcing projects for Core fabrics to provide the quickest turnaround, and seamless delivery to the client possible.
3. Maintain a high level of customer service to all Banners and the Category teams.
4. Research, nurture and maintain an effective, up-to-date sourcing library for the banners to create product from.
5. Organize season meetings with the Buying teams to present the new innovative fabrics and finishes developed by the mills inc; trends, fabric and colors for the season.
B. Manages the Fabric needs of all 4 Banners by:
1. Using experience and technical knowledge of fabrics, finishes, and technical aspects to get the best quality fabric at the best price at the fastest timeline.
2. Ensuring that the highest IMU is achieved without compromising product in terms of fabric quality, or lead time.
3. Work in partnership with the Buying teams in the 4 banners for new fabric/trim development by ensuring timely design hand off to enable prompt submission of proto samples and that costs are negotiated correctly at the outset.
4. Do competitive costing of core fabrics and maintaining open and clear records of costs from each mill.
5. Ensuring all stakeholders are on schedule through pro-active anticipation and pre-emptive steps to meet our time and action calendar deadlines.
6. Manage the product development, costing, allocation and WIP/Time and Action management for fabrics to ensure garment delivery timelines for all styles are met. .
7. Understand, review, and manage capacity of mill/ trim vendors and adjust fabric/trim allocations accordingly.
8. Work with logistics and mills to ensure best sea freight prices for fabrics from fabric mills to overseas factories.
9. Partner with the Category Sourcing managers to make sure only the best quality and price fabric is being used by the factories for our products.
10. Pre-empts and trouble shoots any nominated fabric and mill related issues with regards to using and managing any nominated fabric and partners with the VP and Category Sourcing managers to resolve any delivery, payment terms or quality issues.
11. Partner with the Manager Quality Assurance to ensure quality risk is managed from all vendors incl. making sure that all vendors in the category are doing internal audits for all shipments for the assigned category and for high stake/ risk shipments.
12. Is the go-to expert for all teams for all fabric and trim related issues and queries whether these are for nominated or vendor sourced.
C. Supports in researching new fabrics, speed and cost requirements from the Buying team and delivers these for each banner and brings new innovations in Product for the assigned category and shares with Buying and Trend team.
1. Travels domestically and overseas as needed to perform his/her tasks.
2. Maintain the mill and trim supplier matrix and optimal business relationships and inducts new mills/vendors as needed to achieve the company’s objectives.
3. Maintains the database for social and compliance audits and shares the certification for organic, recycled, and other special fibres used for vendor sourced fabrics with the fabric and the Banner buying teams.
4. Working in coordination with the QA team to ensure the integrity of the mill and/or the product is in conformance with our Vendor Code of Conduct handbook.
D. Works with VP Sourcing, Category Sourcing Managers and Manager Quality Assurance to contribute actively to a common vision, cost efficiencies, vendor management, product innovations and industry best practices by:
1. Working with the Quality and Technical department where needed to ensure best fabric is selected and produced to achieve the intended quality and fit is accomplished by the vendors for sample development and in-production.
2. Working with the Category Sourcing Managers and Buying teams across all Banner to consolidate common fabrics & where possible.
E. Maintains Company’s credibility with our partners by:
1. Resolving any operational and/ or post shipment disputes efficiently and professionally
2. Ensure fair and consistent application of discounts and chargebacks to the mills and if needed mediate with the Category Sourcing Managers, Quality team, the Banner Buying teams and the vendors in those conversations.
3. Presenting the company in a positive light to all vendors to impress them so that the company can always have the choice to work with multiple “best in class” mills.
F. Enhances the Department's morale, service, and productivity by:
1. Maintaining a service attitude in the Fabric and Trim team where the category team incl. the direct report/s managed do the best to service the Buying teams requests and Category Sourcing needs to help their respective banners be successful and grow in revenue and profit.
2. Keep the quality, value, innovation reaching end customer top of mind and be a champion of the behaviour that all teams incl the Sourcing team is to serve that end customer to the best of its ability.
3. Keep manager and respective, Category Sourcing, buying teams informed of any significant problems and concerns directly related to the department as well as broader issues that may arise and win their trust and confidence.
4. Keeping all division heads informed of all significant problems and concerns directly related to their division as well as broader issues that may arise.
4. Utilizing technology to offer continuous improvement and efficiencies; making recommendations to improve procedures.
5. Maintaining positive department morale and team cohesiveness.
· Bachelor’s degree in textiles or closely related field
· 10 years’ previous experience in Fabric sourcing, Production, and Research & Development with 5 years of team management experience
· Demonstrated understanding the technical aspects of fabric and yarns and how they impact cost and quality incl. testing requirements and certifying mill labs, global fabric and trim production landscape and knowledge of the key players.
· Experience on-boarding and managing mills and trim suppliers for fabric/ trim development and production of fabric and trims to be used in the manufacture of apparel.
· Good knowledge of shipping, international trade policies / practices in apparel production countries, export/ import financial terms, and the experience of managing fabric and trim nomination process incl. managing exceptions and oversight.
· Experience in a vertical retailer
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00-$165,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person