Location - SaskPower Estevan (Shand)
At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 06/15/2023 to be considered for this opportunity.
This is a safety-sensitive position, the successful candidate(s) will be required to successfully complete mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing to comply with SaskPower’s Fit for Duty Policy.
We are currently recruiting for:
2 temporary full time positions and 1 permanent full time position.
The employee in this classification is responsible to perform a variety of office, onsite and project assignments associated with the planning, design, construction, modification, maintenance and operation of SaskPower’s facilities, equipment and infrastructure. This position will also be responsible to provide support to professionals, perform quality assurance and quality control functions while managing various budget, tendering and estimating duties related to departmental projects and functions.
Inspect, evaluate, test, program, troubleshoot, maintain, construct, install, repair and commission SaskPower facilities, equipment, systems and security and communication devices
- Develop and interpret, plans, designs, specifications and drawings
- Collect, prepare, analyze and diagnose data and take corrective action, as required
- Handle the receipt of assignments and confer with technical staff on aspects regarding charts, data, diagrams, drawings, general arrangements, graphs, layouts, schematics, sketches, etc.
- Develop commissioning and maintenance plans, procedures and testing for equipment
- Prepare specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections or technical investigations to provide data for projects
- Assist in the creation of functional specifications and business cases that meet departmental requirements
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise inspection and testing of materials, equipment and systems
- Arrange for appropriate permits, as required by the position
- Participate in research to determine efficient and effective work procedures
- Operate analog or digital equipment such to conduct troubleshooting, testing and/or maintenance
- Develop and design and specialized software and perform data entry, editing activities and maintenance operations to systems
- Adhere to applicable safety and environmental practices, standards, regulations and corporate commitments
- Compile and maintain records associated with the position
- Integrate external software with corporate software applications
- Consult with internal and external agencies, as required by the position
- May supervise, monitor and inspect construction projects
- Participate in continuous educational and professional development as required
- Other related duties, as assigned
The following qualification requirements will be posted in one, or any combination, of the following fields:
1) Diploma in Chemical Technology or equivalent
2) Degree in Chemistry, or equivalent
3) Diploma in Environmental Technology, or equivalent
- Knowledge of related technical principles
- Knowledge of computer operating systems and server environments
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with conflict and recommend solutions to difficult situations
- Ability to deal coordinate multiple assignments and projects at one time
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail, including the ability to cooperate with staff and contractors
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
This position falls within the scope of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 2067.
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Poweringthefuture
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/saskpower
Please apply by 06/15/2023