NuStef Baking Ltd. is a Canadian food manufacturer known across North America for its unique line of specialty, artisan style cookies and crisps. NuStef produces a unique Italian style waffle cookie branded Reko pizzelle and artisan crisps under its Kii naturals and The Crisp Bakery brands. We also produce private label products for some of the largest retailers in North America. We bake our products fresh to order and our cookies are sold primarily in the in-store bakery department and our crisps are sold primarily in the deli department or specialty cracker section at most regional and national retailers.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor manages the production employees to deliver on the daily performance metrics and implements corrective actions, as appropriate to achieve key performance indicators and company targets for Production Output, Quality, Safety, Cost, Delivery and Employee Morale. Working in collaboration with other key members of the production facility, including Production Planning, QA and Logistics, the Production Supervisor is responsible for meeting daily/weekly production targets without compromising on the quality or quantity of products produced by the production team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate ownership of the production process delegating tasks to ensure proper workflow; mixing, baking, slicing, sorting, and packaging; ensuring appropriate crewing based on production standards and ensures adherence with the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Completes the Daily Production Report, identifies corrective actions for deviations from production plan.
- Monitor employee performance, identify areas for improvement and applies corrective action.
- Check materials and products against demand and complete required production reports.
- Works with HR Business Manager on any agencies staffing issues or personnel matters.
- Ensure processing machines are performing at maximum efficiency by being aware of the basic operational processes of the machines and understanding how to resolve simple irregularities.
- Report large scale mechanical failures to maintenance personnel and/or Production Manager.
- Train staff in job duties, health and safety procedures, plant sanitation and company policies.
- Recommend Human Resources actions such as new hires, onboarding, promotions, work performance, discipline, and terminations.
- Assess employee performance and provide performance reviews to HR and Sr. Management.
- Participate in and support new product trials and first production runs.
- Track and report employee and agency personnel time and attendance for payroll processing and disbursement.
- Assist in writing (and updating) Standard Operating Procedures and job function documents.
- Ensure all daily metrics are met, particularly those for safety, quality, and throughput.
- Model the desired behaviour by following all GMPs and Safety Procedures as outlined by Company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business, Food Processing or Engineering.
- 3 - 5 years Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with BRC or SQF and HACCP is an asset.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and project management experience.
- Proven experience working with GMP best practices.
- Highly meticulous with ability to manage changing priorities.
- Strong ability to manage conflict and redirect passion into achieving targets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Good verbal and written comprehension (English).
- Basic math skills (Addition-Subtraction-Multiplication-Division).
- Ability and desire to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Learner attitude with ability to embrace and work within a changing environment.
- Standing and/or walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally lifting and/or pushing up to 60Ibs.
- Completing repetitive tasks (e.g., hand packing, loading a slicer) from time to time.
- Sitting to complete communications and documentation as required.
- Extended or flexible hours may be required from time to time.
- Clean, dry, and well-lit commercial/industrial bakery.
- Temperature controlled production areas.
- Constant aroma of baked goods.
- Access to production floor and office lunchrooms.
- Company supplied uniforms and safety shoes.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M3J 1P2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person