Your difference is the difference
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes? Perfect. We do, too.
As an employee-owned company, we foster a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
Transportation discipline at RVA is looking for a Contract Administrator to join their team to oversee the construction of our major Transportation infrastructure projects.
- Provide general administration during construction, including approval of alternatives in materials and procedures, review and approve shop drawings.
- Maintain and update tracking spreadsheets/summaries for change directives, change orders, payment certificates, construction progress and track final construction cost.
- Review and provide comments on contractors’ schedules.
- Perform random field checks of major contract items to verify the payment certificate quantities measured by the site representative. Investigate and address discrepancies during monthly audits.
- Review, negotiate, and provide recommendations to the client on contractor claims for extra work.
- Prepare and process monthly progress estimates.
- Oversee construction to confirm quality of construction.
- Review and provide comments to the contractor’s traffic control plan as per OTM Book 7
- Arrange, chair and minute construction progress meetings.
- Review contractor’s information requests and provide response.
- Administer quality assurance during construction including coordination with sub-consultants for material testing, etc.
- Maintain regular communication with client regarding project status and construction issues.
- Coordinate and provide direction to site representatives.
- University Degree or 3-year College Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Membership in PEO/OACETT is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Transportation projects in a Contract Administrator role for projects over $25 Million.
- Experience in supervising Site Representatives.
- Demonstrates superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proven skills in Word and Excel.
- Have a valid G license and a reliable vehicle.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to promote positive relationships with team, clients and contractors.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team environment.
- Other duties as assigned are relevant to the position.
Your better starts here
We don’t settle for less, and neither should you. As it happens, offering great benefits to our people is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, we give our people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with our clients, our culture, and each other.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations:
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- RVA Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
At RVA, we are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you require any special accommodations, please advise Human Resources. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.