Britespan is looking for a dedicated, quality minded individuals to join our Team at our Manufacturing Facility in Wingham, ON!
At Britespan, we are quickly becoming the fastest growing manufacturer in the fabric building industry, and need skilled, passionate individuals to join our growing team! Britespan offers competitive wages, health benefits, and pension.
If you have experience and like to work with manufacturing robotics and other mechanical machinery, our Machine Operator role could be right up your alley! Working out of Britespan’s Wingham, Ontario, these skilled general labourers works with a variety of machinery and equipment to produce material used to fabricate our steel trusses. Equipment can include small and large robot welders, pipe benders, rollers, and cutters, and jigs. They will also be responsible for machine set up, troubleshooting, and repairs.
Britespan offers competitive wages, health benefits, and pension.
$1000 Sign-On Bonus!
Full-time, Hourly new hires are eligible to earn a $500 signing bonus upon successful completion of their probationary period and an additional $500 after 1 year of service!
GET A SNEAK PEAK! PREVIEW WHAT THIS JOB IS ALL ABOUT:
The position operates:
Available Shifts: Temporary days, then move to afternoons in September 2023
- Afternoon Shift: 5:00 pm - 3:30 am Premium of $1.00 / hr
- Overtime as needed
- Probationary Rate: $22.36
- Top Rate:$23.92
- Opportunity for $1.00 / hr; Quality Bonus; Attendance Bonus
- Pension & Benefits (after completing probation)
The Machine Operator is considered a highly skilled labourer that is able to operate specialized piece of machinery, and other general labour tasks.
Education & Knowledge:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Manufacturing environment experience considered assets
- Knowledge of Lean principals, raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of hand/power tools
- Able to perform basic math problems
- Operate Forklift moving a variety of materials
- Grinding and other fabricating processes
- Self-starter & Team Player
- Excellent time management & attention to detail
- Physical strength is required for manual material handling
- Able to inspect parts for quality assurance
- Able to operate machinery; coper, plasma punch, tumbler
- Able to operate equipment such as band saw, forklifts and hand tools
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant is preferred
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Maintain inventory levels of necessary production parts
- Load and unload material from machinery
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of programs, fixtures and tooling
- Follow all safety procedures and wear all PPE required for the job
- Quality assurance of parts made
- Have attention to detail and accuracy
- Responsible to keep work area clean, orderly, and safe
- Inventory activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
- Programming and overall equipment operations
- Comfortable in a fast paced working environment
- Set up, trouble shoot, machine repairs, R&D
- Other duties as assigned
May operate any of the following:
- Pipe Roller
- Web Bender (squisher, clipper, bender)
- Purlin Press
- Small part
- Small Robot
- Big Robot
- Electrician / Electronics
- Jig making
- manufacturing plant: 2 years (Preferred)
All employees are to participate in, and positively contribute to the company culture, Health and Safety initiatives, continuous improvement and abide by the Employment Standards Act and all company policies and procedures while maintaining a customer service mindset.
About Britespan Building Systems Inc.:
Britespan has been in the steel-framed fabric structure industry since 2010 and offers the widest product line available today. We design, engineer and manufacture each product line in-house. With Authorized Dealerships across North America and Europe, Britespan is rapidly growing their global presence.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.36-$24.92 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Machine Operator: 2 years (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person