Reporting to the VP, Operations, and working with Production, Project Management and Design, the Quality Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall development, implementation and maintenance of the organization’s Quality Management System (QMS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with top management to establish, implement, and maintain the Company’s quality policies, objectives, short-term and long term goals and procedures
- Prepare procedures, implement, and train Company employees and QC Team in compliance with current ISO Quality control standards
- In conjunction with QC Team, conduct daily inspections and reviews of manufacturing production
- Evaluate, and maintain quality manual and related procedures, ensuring compliance to industry and ISO standards
- Prepare schedule, direct, and perform internal audits
- Maintain reports and lead Quality Management meeting on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and to clarify management objectives
- Identify and manage risk within the quality department
- Establish, maintain and report on key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set goals including supplier and shipping compliance performance
- Review sub-contractor and vendor quality system surveys and perform external audits when necessary
- Develop and deliver oral presentations when required
Qualifications, Skill and Abilities Required
- A post-secondary education in a related field or relevant experience in a quality field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a custom manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated, passionate, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough.
- A versatile, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of ISO:9001 quality management system standard and relevant working experience.
- Experience and training as an ISO:9001 internal auditor will be an asset.
- Able to handle a dynamic workload: From heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads - to very focused, detail oriented work during critical projects.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
- Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations.
- Exceptionally high level of commitment to the success of individuals and overall projects.
- Willing to put in extra effort and hours as needed.
- Experience with an ERP system and fluency in Microsoft Office including Teams and Excel
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer. The Company provides accommodations to persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person