Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on engaging projects.
We are a firm 100% owned by its employees and we value a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset. You will have the flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
When you join CIMA+, we welcome you to a place that you can call home.
Our team specialized in hydropower facilities and dams is looking for a senior project manager with specific expertise in civil/structural engineering, as well as in the reconstruction of hydraulic structures and hydropower plants, primarily with our client Hydro-Québec. The incumbent may work from anywhere in the province of Quebec, but preferably in the Greater Montreal Area.
- Carry out various studies, including feasibility studies
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders from various internal and external disciplines
- Monitor project costs and schedules
- Carry out preliminary and detailed design for special projects, including structural work
- Make recommendations regarding the appropriate specifications for various structures
- Help in the preparation of drawings and specifications based on clients’ requirements for proposal purposes
- Monitor technical problems and find solutions to ensure high-quality and timely delivery
- Prepare technical documents for bidding purposes
- Provide clients with explanations on selected design solutions and technical decisions
- Carry out cursory and detailed inspections of various structures such as dams, spillways, water intakes, penstocks and other structures associated with hydropower production
- University Degree in Civil Engineering, with civil/structural engineering experience in the hydropower and dam sector
- Master’s Degree or specific experience in civil/structural engineering (an asset)
- Member of l'Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- More than five (5) years of experience in structural design (primarily concrete and steel structures)
- Practical knowledge of Hydro-Québec’s management standards and practices
- Experience in multidisciplinary technical coordination and project management
- Autonomy, sense of initiative, and ability work as part of a team
- Fluency in oral and written French
- Proficiency in oral and written English in a professional context to ensure adequate communication on certain projects nationwide
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and individuals with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
Contact Ven Thambithurai