The Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily operations of the Providence Farm Main Office and Reception, supports the work of senior management, other staff, and the Board of Directors.
We are looking to find someone who connects to the mission and culture of Providence Farm. Please read the full job description and research our organization before applying.
For full job description please visit
Job Requirements: Timely completion of reception duties in the main office of Providence Farm, reports to Finance and Fund Development Manager.
Key Skills & Abilities:
This position requires administrative skills in written and verbal communication, organization, time management, problem-solving and attention to detail.
Proficiency in the use of computers and software, including:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access)
- Database Management (Keela, My Committee)
- Search engine proficiency
- Ability to key a min. of 50 wpm
- Audio/Video communications (Skype, Zoom, MS meetings etc…)
- Proficiency in the use of other office equipment, including: Voice messaging systems, Fax, Photocopier, Printers, Scanner
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including:
- Knowledge of professional audio/video communications protocol
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Commitment and ability to maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Desire to work with the public as well as with people with diverse abilities.
- Occasional standing/walking; frequently seated.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling for file retrievals.
- Clean, well groomed (must follow the Farm’s dress code).
Compensation: $23.47 – $26.97 per hour.
Permanent, full time-time position 2 weeks vacation increasing to 3 weeks after successful probation period according to Farm policy
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm with bi-weekly staff meetings at 8am every second Thursday. Diverse: Mandatory three-month probationary period.
Farm lunches available for purchase $4/meal (when in service). Farm policy manual requires review and signature for agreement.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector)
- Covid-19 vaccinations in accordance with the Provincial Health Order
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $23.47 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Proof of double vaccination - Covid 19
- Has knowledge of Providence Farm and the services we provide
- Currently located in Duncan / North Cowichan / Driving distance to Providence Farm
- Experience working with / caring for individuals with diverse abilities
Work Location: In person