Under the direction of the Librarian 3, Library Supervisor 1, 2, 3 and 4 or their designate, the Customer Services Assistant 1 - On-call provides exceptional customer service and performs duties necessary for efficient library operations.
You will be available to work throughout Fraser Valley Libraries.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN BRING
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills required to interpret customer’s needs and offer solutions and alternatives.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and think on your feet.
- A broad interest in a variety of genres/authors.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer including email, word processing, database searching and familiarity with automated library systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency and interest in using a variety of related digital devices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Accurate keyboarding skills of 30 wpm.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Aptitude and ability to perform basic troubleshooting of software and hardware.
- Completion the following courses or equivalent course from recognized institutions with library technician programs from:
UFV: two out of three of the following:
- LIBT 100: Introduction to Libraries
- LIBT 140: Library Public Services
- LIBT 145: Online Searching
Langara: two out of three of the following:
- LIBR 1120: Philosophy and Functions
- LIBR 2416: Reference Resources and Services
- LIBR 1111: Online Search and Information Handling
- Up to six months work related and on the job experience.
- Criminal Record check is required.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled