United Restaurant Supplies Inc.
Our employees exhibit a friendly, collaborative, team-oriented focus on serving our customers with urgency and attention to detail. Our culture is built on a set of Cornerstone values we believe make us unique:
- Our customers come first. We’re driven to exceed their expectations by listening, leading, solving problems, and delivering what we promise.
- We encourage productivity and efficiency, and there are rewards for jobs well done. Sometimes it’s a financial incentive, other times an award, always a genuine thank-you.
- The best relationships are founded on honesty, trust, and respect. We say what we will do, and then we do it.
- Personal and professional growth depends on teamwork. By sharing knowledge, skills, ideas, and effort, we benefit our customers, ourselves, and our communities.
- Strong relationships break down barriers and promote innovation and cooperation. By working as an open-minded, responsive team, we achieve excellence.
- Our future depends on the success of each employee. In an atmosphere of dignity and diversity, our appreciation for each other’s talents and contributions keeps us at our best.
- We play fair, but never lose sight of the goal to win. With that in mind, we execute our plans and strategies with focus, commitment, and passion.
We offer our employees very competitive benefits:
- Matching Retirement Contribution
- Overtime Compensation Over 40 hours
- Training & Development and Growth Opportunities
We have a wide variety of opportunities to establish yourself in the food industry including sales, sales support, customer service, marketing, administration, finance, operations, technology and inventory management. Come join our team and build your career with us!
Supports order and delivery interaction between segment customers and United Trimen. Seeks growth opportunities in existing customers and brings new customers to United Trimen. Provide business-consulting services to strengthen customer relationships and grow profitable sales. Represent United Trimen products and services for assigned territory and accounts. Manage customer business relationships to include accounts receivable, credits, lost business, growth, deployment of GFS resources, and average order size/profitability. Promote and use e-commerce technology.
Individual Contributor Competencies:
- Communicating Effectively
- Proactively Learning
Living the Culture:
- Building Trust
- Valuing Differences
Thinking & Decision Making:
Building Business Knowledge
- Making Continuous Improvements
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Delivering High Quality Results
Effectively express and service the GFS story.
- Travel through large geographic territory to call on existing and prospective customers to maintain, seek growth opportunities, and increase profitable sales volume.
- Manage customer business relationships including credits, lost business, growth, deployment of GFS resources, and average order size/profitability.
- Utilize and apply customer profitability and pricing models to negotiate customer agreements.
- Oversee or coordinate the demonstration or presentation of products and discuss applications, using samples or marketing materials emphasizing salable features based on price or value to benefit customer’s business operations.
- Create and deliver business plans based on customer needs, goals, and objectives. Direct and deliver consultative services such as menu engineering, wait staff and HAACP training. Consult with customers and network resources to fulfill operations and profitability needs.
- Conduct personal results analysis and planning at customer level.
- Receive, discuss, and/or verify order information with customers using appropriate methods on a monthly basis to include customer credits to identify and establish sales performance goals.
- Establish credit terms via established parameters and manage the collection of receivables using multiple methods to include electronic, mail and personal pickup of payments.
- Identify competition, customer purchasing patterns, perform customer sales history analysis, and observe and gather data to determine the needs of customer operations.
- Endorse and promote GFS+, GFS Experience, and other technical solutions.
- Develop and oversee customer segment shows and participate in customer events.
- Collaborates with brokers to establish GFS products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Exhibits critical thinking to build strategic alliances.
- Understands customer predictive profitability models.
- Plan and execute various events.
- Supports division commodity processes and manages entitlement.
- Share ideas openly and contribute towards a healthy team environment.
- Collaborates with sales and marketing to manage items.
- Strong time and territory management related organizational skills.
- Understands procurement methods related to the sales segment.
- Collaborates and offers direction to the broker-vendor network.
- Detailed working knowledge of Gordon Food Service business applications.
- Plans effectively to achieve key segment business metrics.
- Team selling with Inside Sales
- Collaboration with Marketing for Product rationalization
- Knowledge of Government Commodities
- Demonstrate a high level working knowledge of GFS tools and technology.
Equipment / Tools / Technology:
Smart phone, computer and tablet technology.
- Audio and video conference call equipment and technology.
- Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sites, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc)
- GFS Sales software programs.
Education and Qualification:
- Bachelor Degree Business, Sales or Marketing
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. United Restaurant Supplies is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to [email protected] and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- No weekends
Work Location: In person