Position: RQ06050 - Database Administrator - Senior
Location: Toronto, ON
- At least 5-7 years of proven working experience as a SQL Server (Azure and on-prem
- Must have extensive experience with SQL server 2012/14/16/19 on Windows and Linux operating system.
- At least 2-4 years of experience managing Azure SQL dedicated pool and Server less.
- Must have Azure Synapse Analytics working experience.
- Must has experience on Azure Managed Instance and Azure SQL database.
Nice to have:
Public Sector experience, specifically within a Health care sector experience environment.
RQ-2023-005836 - Senior Database Administrator
- Ontario Health assets including laptops and related equipment cannot be removed from the province of Ontario without prior written approval from Ontario Health.
- Assignment Type: Assignment Type: HYBRID - 3 days on site and 2 days remote.
· At least 5-7 years of proven working experience as a SQL Server (Azure and on-prem
· Must have extensive experience with SQL server 2012/14/16/19 on Windows and Linux operating system.
· At least 2-4 years of experience managing Azure SQL dedicated pool and Server less.
· Must have Azure Synapse Analytics working experience.
· Must has experience on Azure Managed Instance and Azure SQL database.
· Demonstrated understanding of performance tuning and analysis in a Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server environments
· Must have MS Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900T00), Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900) and Administering Microsoft Azure SQL Solutions (DP-300) certification.
Deliverables include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible to support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of SQL Servers for new servers builds with special focus on SQL Managed Instance.
· Responsible for the development, execution and analysis of database expansions, re-organization and purging of SQL 2019
· Participates in the long-term technical strategy and architecture for the Data Warehouse and Analytics Data Hub
· Develops systems and processes to monitor data quality or integrity, diagnose problems and implement solutions.
· Provides expertise in the support of complex cross-platform database migrations and data governance activities.
· Responsible of SQL high availability options (Log Shipping, DB Mirroring, DB Clustering)
· Resolves and debugs complex reporting and analytic application problems.
· Participates in the creation and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Strategy Plan
· Responsible for managing the SQL databases on Azure Cloud, SQL Always-On and Clustering.
· Provides knowledge and direction assistance to support a hybrid environment of on premise and cloud-based database environments.
· Configure, manage, monitor and maintain database server performance, health, availability and security.
· Provide feedback and recommendations to management for best course of action where needed
· Participates in problem analysis and resolution, for example tuning of sql query, deadlocks, data problems, access times, application recoveries, etc
· Performs software review, evaluation, recommendations, design and implementation for database management tools.
· Leads database disaster recovery design, implementation and monitoring.
· Patching, and database backup including testing and execution of SQL and Oracle database backup and recovery processes
· Provide guidance and reference to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Service Desk resources, as well as Tier 3 team members
Creates physical database designs and operates and administers the database management system (DBMS) including database optimization, capacity planning, installation and migration, database design, performance tuning, backup and recovery
· Experience with one or more operating systems
· Experience with working on Azure technology
· Experience with one or more database technologies
· Experience in one or more programming languages
· Experience in the use of information retrieval packages and proficiency with query languages
· Experience in monitoring and enforcing database rules
· Experience in Incident, Change and Configuration Management procedures
· Experience with one or more communications protocols
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills
· A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
· Additional Skills for Case Management and ERP
· Experience in designing/developing an automated data distribution mechanism Knowledge and understanding of object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
· Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models) based
· Knowledge and understanding of Ontario Government Enterprise Architecture processes and practice
· Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
· Experience in impact analysis, implementation planning and implementation of technology or suite specific patches, maintenance packs and releases, and technology stack patch sets and releases
· Experience in technical design, planning and implementation of specific technology or suite Experience with database administration and vendor support services
· Experience and Skill Set Requirements.
· Experience with distributed data systems
· Experience with middleware and gateways
· Experience with researching and implementing cyber security vulnerability remediations
· Awareness of emerging IT trends and directions
· Experience with Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools
· Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices Experience in Database Administration, Maintenance Optimization
· Additional Responsibilities/Skills for Data Warehouse including Oracle OBIEE
· Subject matter expert in database design of the data warehouse or data marts
· Experience and expert knowledge in technology and/or application required including installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade (technology stack) and cloning
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Criterion Maximum Rating
Demonstrated and expert level knowledge with:
1. Current experience with SQL Management studio. Proactively monitor systems activity on a daily basis and respond to issues.
2. Responsible for the development, execution and analysis of database expansions, reorganizations and purging.
3. Planning long range needs for SQL database administration. Developing and executing SQL database verification processes on a regular basis and analysis of database capacity statistics
4. SQL Servers and new servers builds. Providing technical and operational guidance and leadership to business representatives.
5. Responsible for the architecture and support of all databases, development testing.
6. Responsible for execution of SQL database backup and recovery processes
7. Participation in problem analysis and resolution, for example, deadlocks, data problems, access times, application recoveries, etc.
2. Cloud Experience
- Current experience with cloud technology.
- Current experience on SQL Manage instance.
- Understanding of Azure subscription, resource group and SQL backups
3. Database Security
- Current experience with SQL server security architecture.
- Understanding of SQL server authentication.
- Understanding of SQL Server Encryption and Transparent Data encryption.
Thanks & Regards
Senior Technical Recruiter
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $36.91-$92.59 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M3J 1N6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)