For over 60 years, Super-Pufft has been in the snack food business. Over the past two decades since the business was purchased by new ownership, Super-Pufft has grown from a small popcorn factory to having 3 state-of-the-art SQF certified facilities across Canada. The new owners brought their previous manufacturing experience and entrepreneurial nature to Super-Pufft.
Just a few years after purchasing the company, new product lines were added, to extend the range and volume of snack food offerings. The company has always been in tune with the dynamic of demand and capacity, and continues to innovate market winning products.
Building Maintenance Worker
Shifts : 7am to 3.30 pm ( 40 hours or more a week)
- Performs daily minor maintenance and repairs as requested by unscheduled work orders and/or department managers and supervisors and completes required documentation to maintain the Preventive Maintenance system.
- Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests.
- May perform, painting, small plumbing maintenance, and repairs such as repairing furniture, constructing shelves, installing switches, replacing plugs and other basic repairs, applying paint and other finishes, repairing drywall, disassembling, and reassembling equipment, replacing sinks and toilets, and applying finishing material such as linoleum.
- Completes and maintains related records such as maintenance logs.
- Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the company safety program and Quality Management System.
- Must follow required Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as instructed by Management.
- Other related duties as per job requirements.
Required Education & Experience:
- Completion of Secondary School.
- At least 4 years experience as a field service technician, shop repair man, or building jack of all trades.
- Proven record that he can repair, troubleshoot, or create different pieces of equipment or machinery to resolve problems. This is a very innovative and resourceful person.
- Basic Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, …).
- Welding will be considered an asset.
- Electrical, schematic reading, plumbing, and mechanical skills are helpful.
- Good problem-solving skills. Resourceful. Innovative. Very good at creating and finding solutions to problems.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Highly organized and disciplined.
- Ability to stand, sit, squat, twist, bend and manoeuvre around machinery/equipment
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the new position, Super-Pufft reserves the right to make changes as required to meet business requirements. Employee must be available to work overtime and on call.
The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job is performed in a shop environment: hazardous materials; greasy, slippery factory floors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. All job functions are subject to modification.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person