If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Chauffeur to join our PARKLAND WEST BEDFORD team based in BEDFORD, NOVA SCOTIA.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $15.35 - $17.05
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan eligible immediately upon hire including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program (5% employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Transport residents to appointments or outings as per the transportation schedule
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of respecting resident’s rights, including: respecting others, maintaining confidentiality, promoting independence, respecting privacy, respecting the right to refuse services and involvement
- Communicate with the Health Services Department if there is a noted change in the medical status of the resident e.g., increased confusion
- Provide assistance to resident as required with: entering and exiting the vehicle, mobility aides/devices e.g. canes, walkers; carrying parcels or other items, opening doors and entering buildings
- Maintain vehicles in peak operating condition and carry out all prescribed routine maintenance functions while maintaining accurate maintenance log records
- Schedule regular mechanical tune-up with authorized service shop
- Complete all duties in a way which is consistent with Shannex’s Philosophy of Service: Your life. Your choice. Your Home.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- A high school diploma or equivalent education;
- Clean driving record with a Class 4 Driver’s license;
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification;
- A clear Canadian Criminal Record Check;
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.