VanMar Constructors is looking for an experienced Safety Coordinator that demonstrates a proactive and hands-on approach to driving the continual success of our safety program for a project in Tsawwassen. You will be responsible for ensuring trades on site are in compliance with WorkSafe’s OHSR as well as preventing injuries and accidents on site.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review trade’s safety documentation and ensure it is comprehensive and being implemented on site
· Manage Safety Document Checklists, follow up on missing items, file received documents
· Orientate new workers to site
· Collect and review Daily Hazard Assessments
· Update and maintain daily man-count
· Perform and record daily site inspections to ensure trades are complying with WorkSafe Regulations
· Hold site safety/toolbox meetings
· Respond to all First Aid calls and walk in patients/file “investigation” reports
· Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventative measures on an ongoing basis
· Ensure all required qualifications and certifications are maintained for workers on site
· Perform monthly status reports for first aid incidents/safety infractions for prevention purposes
· Additional duties when and if required
· A minimum of Level 2 Occupational First Aid Training
· Completed Construction Safety Officer Training (an asset)
· Proficient in English (spoken and written)
· Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work and liaise with people at all levels
· Critical thinker with good problem-solving skills
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
· Is knowledgeable with WorkSafe’s Regulations and can identify and analyze work-related risks
· Can participate in the implementation of appropriate action plans and corrective actions
· Design, review, and update safe job procedures
· Can create weekly safety crew talks
Compensation: VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate to experience in the industry.
VanMar recognizes and values the contributions of all of its employees to building projects of the highest quality. As a result, our company has become a trusted and reputable builder throughout Ontario and British Columbia. To learn more about our company, please visit our website: www.vanmarconstructors.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$37.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- You currently live in BC?
Work Location: In person