Manages a shift and/or segment of guarding operations at multiple sites at the direction of line management. Supervises Field Supervisors and other security personnel. Performs inspections and ensures that post orders are being followed. Coaches and trains personnel. Carries out administrative procedures in support of Branch operations.
1. Manages a shift and/or segment of guarding operations at multiple sites, including supervision of subordinate Guards and supervisory staff; ensures that personnel deliver high quality service.
2. Ensures that service expectations are being met through regular contact with clients; evaluates service quality, inspects posts and initiates corrective action in a timely manner as necessary.
3. Meets with line management and/or client representatives for status updates and to address any actual or potential problems; provides support during client start-ups; provides input to security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews post orders and communicates requirements and changes to affected personnel.
4. Participates in and coordinates with line management regarding the orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; ensures that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary.
5. Maintains and submits payroll records and other employee and business information; reviews client and company reports for accuracy and timeliness.
6. Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
7. Communicates and coordinates with line management regarding scheduling, staffing, equipment, record keeping, and related matters, to ensure smooth delivery of services; makes scheduling and staffing adjustments as needed to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews reports to ensure that commitments have been met and client directions have been followed.
8. Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists line management in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
9. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions. Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein. In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the Canada.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including background investigation.
Associate's Degree and 1 year of experience in security operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
(as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Understanding of security operations.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices.
- Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks and behavioral selection survey.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people. Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we're looking for you to join the Securitas team.
About the Team
Securitas Canada's Mission:
Securitas' mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas Aviation's Mission:
Securitas Aviation ensures the safety of passengers all over the world providing thorough security checks at airports in Canada
Securitas' core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don't compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don't. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers' premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.