MiniMakers is seeking a bus driver for our MakerBus (a Ford Transit 15 seater van). The MakerBus picks up from schools in the South Surrey / White Rock, Vancouver and other lower mainland areas. These pick ups typically occur Monday to Friday between 2pm and 3:30pm. Additionally, during Spring (2 weeks) and Summer school breaks (9 weeks) transportation to South Surrey / White Rock, Vancouver and other lower mainland areas is necessary. Typically between the hours of 8.30am and 4pm. Either trip type can originate from South Surrey or South Vancouver or both. Multiple trips may be required in a day.
We require a Class 4, unrestricted licensed driver to perform the pickups.
For the right candidates, individuals can combine the bus driving with work at the MiniMakers studios (e.g. instructor for craft classes and STEM classes for kids, workshop support, etc. - full time 40 hours a week) or Minimakers South Vancouver Warehouse (e.g. shipping/receiving, picking/packing, general cleaning, basic maintenance).
In addition a to a Class 4 unrestricted license enabling operation of a 15 seat Ford Transit passenger van - designated as a bus selected candidates must also be able to provide a criminal background check for vulnerable sectors (MiniMakers will pay the fee to have this done). Additional requirements maybe required (vaccinations).
More About MiniMakers
· MiniMakers is dedicated to igniting the next generation of makers, supporting them as they turn their dreams into reality. We promote imagination, self-confidence and ingenuity to help build valuable life skills while safely empowering youth to dream, create, build and inspire.
MiniMakers core values:
· We respect safety above all else
· We are courageous in our innovation and believe it’s possible
· We are pioneers, pushing for boundless creativity through curiosity and skill
· We believe in developing life skills for our youth, they are the future
· We enjoy the journey as much as the destination
· We make sometime, everyday
· Living up to our core values and ensuring that they are present in all that we do, the culture within MiniMakers is one of creation, positivity, safety and purpose. We believe that by investing in our youth, the future will be a better place and makers will play a key role in moving our innovative society forward. Whether we are improving the lives of individuals simply to be more skilled at hands on tasks, or whether our makers move into broad reaching innovative industries, we feel we will make a positive difference and one that matters.
What our customers can expect:
Our customers can expect the following with every encounter with MiniMakers:
o Courteous and positive employees, facilitators and personnel.
o Safety in all aspects of what we do, with no exceptions.
o To be treated as valued makers and be treated with respect, appreciation and gratitude.
o A boundless desire to find creative solutions to make everything work.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $22.00-$30.00 per hour
Job Types: Seasonal, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 35 per week
Salary: From $30.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Minimakers follows all provincial guidelines for health and safety. Candidates must be vaccinated for COVID-19 since they will be interacting with unvaccinated children regularly.
- working with kids: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 4 Drivers License or better (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-30