Reporting to the E/I Superintendent, the E/I Supervisor is responsible for applying reliability best practices in the planning and scheduling of electrical and instrumentation maintenance and repair, in order to optimize the efficiency of the workforce. The E/I Supervisor ensures that all activities are planned and scheduled with safety/security, productivity, quality, efficiency, and cost at the forefront.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Adhere to and promote company safety and environmental policies.
- Preparing daily equipment maintenance work schedules.
- Supervising E/I employees during scheduled and non-scheduled shutdowns.
- Troubleshooting and conducting root cause analysis of plant process control equipment and power distribution systems.
- Ensuring equipment availability and reliability through preventive and predictive maintenance activities.
- Maintaining and improving the reliability of E/I equipment,
- Maintaining accurate documentation of work history in support of the Maintenance Management System.
- Recommending and executing employee training programs.
- Supporting measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the Department.
- Fulfilling supervisory on-call responsibilities during weekdays and weekends, on a rotational basis with other EI Department staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate must have:
- Diploma in Engineering Technologist, Red Seal Industrial Electrician or Instrumentation Technician with previous supervisory experience or hold a degree in a relevant engineering discipline with a minimum of five years’ experience in a maintenance or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs), Distributed Control Systems (DCSs), instrumentation (pneumatic control systems, etc. and AC/DC variable speed drives, power distribution systems and process controls is a good asset.
- Possess a good safety record.
- Recent Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) training.
- Valid Standard First Aid certification.
The Successful Candidate will be required to submit a Certificate of Conduct from a local police agency or the RCMP before commencing employment.
This position will be located in Corner Brook, NL.
Why work at Kruger?
At Kruger, we believe in giving our employees the space to grow, within a dynamic and stimulating environment, nurturing their development, encouraging their involvement, and enriching their professional lives. It’s no wonder many of our employees have been with us for a long time.
- Fourth-generation company
- Founded in 1904
- Leader in pulp and paper industry
- 5,000 employees
- 10 activity sectors
- 19 manufacturing sites across North America
- Strong corporate responsibility: Environmental stewardship,
Health & Safety highest standards, Community engagement
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper is committed to providing equal treatment and opportunity to all individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted