This position is located in Paris, Ontario.
We are hiring for a permanent full time in our Shipping Department (Monday to Friday).
Scheduled Shift: 4:00PM - 12:30AM
The shipper receiver is responsible for receiving raw materials, ingredients and packaging into the plant. The operator will ship finished product from the freezer to the off-site storage. The operator will completed the appropriate documentation to ensure lot traceability and all company requirements are met. Shippers are moving on and off of the forklift throughout the shift.
Uses an electric counterbalance forklift.
- Follows all company safety procedures and policies including wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), using proper lifting techniques, and properly locking out equipment.
- Follows all Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), British Retail Consortium (BRC) requirements to ensure the manufacture of Ready to Eat (RTE) chicken products.
- Completes all specific job duties as outlined and in the Operator Proficiency Checklist.
- All operators will be trained on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and records as reference to Master Document control list.
- Meets company attendance requirements.
Specific Position Duties:
- Verifies trailer condition and product documentation prior to unloading raw materials and packaging
- Ensuring all regulatory checks and balances are completed.
- Raw meat receiving to be completed as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). For example, raw wings are unloaded and a short weight is calculated by weighing the combo followed by the combo being bled and then reweighed. Following this, piece count is conducted using the provided sample ratio in the SOP and SAP receiving transactions are completed.
- Verify all operating conditions outlined on the Product Specifications Master and document this as required in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinates storage of raw materials once verification and all piece counts are complete.
- Coordinates with Pack Off Department to ensure finished product is staged for Shipping to Offsite Storage and stage all returns for nightly or daily returns to offsite warehouse, ensuring proper documentation is completed.
- Ship finished product from line or freezer to offsite storage and completes appropriate documentation.
- Participate in weekly inventories.
- Proper lockout of equipment and following of all safety requirements.
- Duties as assigned by Manager/Lead hand.
- Must be able to work assigned shift and willing to rotate when asked
Competitive benefits after 3 months
- Forklift operator is required (Fork License preferred).
- Possessing a valid Class G Ontario Driver's License is preferred
- Ability to read and understand oral and written directions
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations (additions, subtractions, divisions and calculation of percentages)
- Demonstrates knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC and proper employee hygiene practices to meet factory requirements
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs.)
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Working in cold and wet environment.
- Excellent attendance to meet work requirements.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.10 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Shipping & Receiving: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift Operating: 1 year (required)
- Forklift Operating License (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-12