Why work for Lafarge?:
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the applicant is responsible for providing support, training and facilitation to employees with the goal of minimizing health and safety risk. The applicant promotes a proactive approach to health and safety throughout the project.
- Work with site Field staff, Management Teams and NAB Health & Safety Team to ensure implementation and ongoing improvement of Health and Safety systems.
- Assist at assessing and implementing controls to eliminate hazards.
Management of safety document databases including Convergence, iCare and Avetta to ensure documents, investigations and contractor records are properly managed.
- Respond to incidents and assist with getting injured employees appropriate medical care.
- Coordinate and participate in incident investigation reports, root cause analysis of incidents and effective corrective actions.
- Support collection, analysis and distribution of safety and training KPI information.
- Monitor, coordinate and organize effective H&S training programs consistent with the Lafarge Group’s H&S standards.
Ensure compliance with Federal, Provincial and Municipal OHS laws as well as Lafarge Group’s H&S standards and advisories and any job site specific H&S regulations.
- Assist and coordinate review of safety objectives, identifying improvement areas and developing annual action plans within NAB.
- Plan, organize, schedule and conduct HSMS (Standards and Advisory) as well as COR audits of facilities, work areas and equipment. Follow-up audit actions and mandate implementation to ensuring all items have been completed on time and assist with removing any barriers to completion.
- Support site management to ensure the early and safe return to work for injured employees. Work with HR to support accommodation and modified work requirements.
- Lead and facilitate participation of employees at safety meetings and joint health and safety committee meetings.
Coordinate and implement with site management and Health and Safety Team in regards to new standards and site specific action plans.
Mature attitude and ability to work effectively independent of supervision
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
Strong organizational skills, with ability to attend to detail, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to relate to persons at all corporate levels with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to influence and build collaborative relationships
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Proficiency in utilizing computer and web-based systems (proficiency in Convergence, iCare, SAP, etc.)
Proficiency in working with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- University Degree, College or Technical Diploma in H&S related field, OHS Professional Certification preferred (CRSP, CSP, CIH, etc.)
2 years of H&S related experience an asset.
Valid Driver’s License (Class 5, Non-GDL)
Familiarity with Alberta legislation, codes, standards and best practices in occupational health and safety.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Experience conducting investigations and providing written responses/reports
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to break down problems and provide practical solutions.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, facilitation, conflict resolution, and crisis management skills.
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
Check out our YouTube channel to learn more about our operations and see all career opportunities at www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.