Simcoe Parts Service is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the H&S Manager, the H&S Coordinator will work closely with the H&S Manager to build and maintain a solid foundation of safety excellence. The H&S Coordinator will utilize existing policies and procedures in conjunction with industry trends to provide guidance to all employees in regard to safety concerns.
- Develop procedural documents and review in accordance with OHS program
- Document H&S incidents/infractions – meetings, orientations, observations and corrective actions
- Support any MOL visits and follow recommendations to completion
- Participate in risk assessments and provide appropriate recommendations
- Conduct safety audits (plant safety protocols and PPE requirements meet compliance)
- Respond to safety related and non-compliance issues/concerns
- Identify and present opportunities for health and safety improvement
- Lead and support the JHSC team (schedule, attending meetings, taking minutes, providing appropriate follow up and tracking of action items and ensure they are completed)
- Monitor, review and provide advice on industry trends and developments
- Review and update the daily injury report
- Make procedural videos, crop, and add graphics and have displayed on CCTV, ensure they are professional in nature.
- Support the H&S department with special projects as assigned
- Follow, participate, and make recommendations regarding safety, environmental performance, quality, productivity, and customer feedback.
- Participate in deciding and completing Business Plan objectives and goals
- Ensures compliance of Occupational Health & Safety Act, Environmental, Health & Safety Audit performance, and External audit compliance (ISO 14001)
- All other duties as assigned.
Work Details: Monday to Friday 7:30 am – 4 pm
- College or University diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a health and safety role
- Experience with WSIB
- Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Training in hazard recognition, assessment and control
- Proficient skills and experience with Microsoft applications (Word, PPT and excel)
- Preferred experience in a fast-paced automotive manufacturing environment
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & OTHER ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision when required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to flex schedule as needed to meet Health and Safety concerns
- Comfortable presenting \training in a classroom setting
Simcoe Parts Service is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact our recruiter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person