Provectus Robotics Solutions is looking for a skilled and motivated systems engineer to join its robotics control team. The successful applicant will work alongside a diverse team of robotic and software specialists to develop new technologies and capabilities for mobile robotic control systems.
The applicant should be comfortable capturing system requirements and specifications while designing product architectures to meet customer demands. They should have experience testing and evaluating new technologies, integrating multiple interconnected subsystems, and managing technical interface specifications.
- Define system requirements and specifications
- Lead the integration, qualification, and validation of various robotic subsystems
- Manage system architectures and associated subsystem interfaces
- Work with external suppliers to test, validate and integrate new sensor solutions
- Develop test procedures for verification and validation of system requirements
- Provide technical oversight on new product design and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience working in a high-technology setting
- Possess general knowledge of hardware and software development
- Experience working with customers, subcontractors and suppliers
- Be able and willing to travel internationally
- Enthusiastic about robotic technology and its applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English working environment)
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience developing or integrating robotic control systems
- Knowledge of autonomous vehicle sensors (Lidar, Radar, GPS ...) and their uses
- Experience working in a small team or start-up environment
Provectus Robotics Solutions Inc. a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Canada Inc., located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, is a global leader in autonomous systems, delivering customized unmanned ground vehicle solutions that can handle rugged terrain and harsh conditions with ease. They specialize in advanced robotic system design, integration and control. For more than a decade, they have helped a wide range of industries – from mining and forestry to security and logistics – increase worksite productivity, reduce risk, and maintain worker safety.
At Provectus Robotics Solutions, we don’t just build autonomous vehicles – we encourage autonomous employees. Immerse yourself in a work environment that values your ideas and puts you at the forefront of the innovation process.
The perks of being on our team:
- As a member of the Rheinmetall group, we have the support required to innovate quickly and explore complex projects.
- We enjoy the best of both worlds: the agility of a startup with the stability of an established company.
- We go beyond the abstract by working with real systems, collaborating with real customers, and creating a real-world impact.
- Our technology’s platform-agnostic nature means employees are exposed to a variety of industries.
- The tight-knit structure of our team facilitates an advanced level of teamwork and cooperation.
- Continue your professional development with additional training, weekly lunch-and-learns, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person