Avenue 31 is a real estate development firm looking to build a principled and lasting brand with a diversified stream of income from large scale logistics / industrial properties; transit-centric residential development and intermodal rail infrastructure across Canada. Avenue 31’s target business streams are aimed at addressing many of the drivers that are shifting the way we organize our cities, specifically the movement of goods and people. We are currently pursuing development opportunities in these 3 property classes in Ottawa and Montreal and their surrounding regions.
Our team is growing, and we are seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team at our City Centre office. We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, is detail-oriented and takes pride in their work. Our experienced team is looking for someone who will fit in, roll up their sleeves and help us grow the organization. We are an entrepreneurial, fast paced, close knit team who has big, exciting projects to deliver and we like to have fun doing that.
- The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for ensuring accurate entry of all accounts payable invoices and ensuring all payables are processed in accordance with company procure to pay guidelines. Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
- Generate purchase orders as required in line with company policy.
- Process internal expense reports and ensure that expense policy is being followed.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status.
- Understand expense accounts and code invoices to appropriate projects and GL accounts.
- Enter and post invoice details into Microsoft Business Central.
- Run aging reports daily to generate payments to vendors per company.
- Review payments to ensure they do not exceed cash balance.
- Verify that orders are charged to the proper accounts.
- Review bills for potential errors, unusual charges and/or discrepancies.
- Verify and investigate payment problems while following corporate Account Payable policies and procedures.
- Run cheques and electronic funds transfer payments (EFT’s) and attach to invoices; deliver to appropriate signing authorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as Accounts Payable Clerk in a high-volume environment.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
- Experience using Microsoft Business Central considered an asset.
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting or the equivalent.
- 3+ years experience.
Avenue 31 believes in our people who make us a strong team. Perks and Benefits of working at Avenue 31 include:
· Three weeks starting paid vacation.
· Comprehensive benefits plan that includes health, dental, vision, and disability coverage (cost shared by company and employee)
· Professional development (up to two paid courses per year)
· Holiday office closure between Christmas and New Years
· Summer hours
If you are looking for a great opportunity with a growing organization with exciting projects planned and under construction, please email us a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to email them to [email protected].
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disabilities Act, we're committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation or special assistance, please send an email to [email protected] with your request. Your information will be treated as confidential.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON K1R 6K7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- vendor management: 1 year (preferred)
- Accounts payable: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person