The role integrates the York University Undergraduate student with SCS International students from all over the world. Community Leaders assist students and enhance the student experience primarily with socio-cultural activities.
2nd or 3rd year York University Undergraduate student studying Linguistics, International Studies, Education, Communications, or relevant area of study.
- Experience working with English as a Foreign Language learners or knowledge of international student needs.
- Experience with facilitating groups or activities in-person and online considered an asset.
- Experience working or volunteering with international students an asset.
- Overseas travel, work or study experience or a second language an asset.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, creative and patient personality.
- Excellent organization skills, responsible and punctual.
- Computer knowledge (Teams, Zoom, MS Office, email, Internet)
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal - YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.