We are looking for an excited and driven catering and event planner to join our sales team.
Savoury Chef Foods is one of Vancouver’s premier corporate catering and event coordinators. We are a fun, flexible, close-knit team that loves what we do but also values what you do outside of work. Work life balance is important to us.
- Base salary plus monthly and annual sales bonuses
- Shared benefits package after 3 months consecutive employment
- Daily staff meal provided by culinary team
- Fun team and positive work environment
- Smart casual office dress code
- Ability to work remotely once a week
- Dog friendly office
We are looking for an excited and driven catering and events planner to join our sales team. You will be working directly with clients to plan their catering and event needs, assisting with everything from office lunches & corporate cocktail parties to weddings, graduations and galas.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating excellent client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for customer perceptions and needs and responds in a timely manner.
- Ensure specifications and requests of each catering event are communicated and executed down the channel effectively.
- Compete invoices and process billing and payments.
- Ensure each catering function is well planned and prepared, successfully carried-out and financially sound.
- Manage relationships with existing and lost business accounts, to meet/exceed revenue goals and expand the Savoury’s client base
- Identify business trends that can improve the company's performance.
- Business development through fostering venue and client relationships
- This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and will be a strong communicator.
- The successful candidate will be a committed, results-driven professional that has the ability to build strong relationships and can deliver on goals through skilled negotiations with new clients.
- Experience in catering sales, banquet, or food and beverage in a Hospitality organization of comparable size with a proven track record of achieving sales goals.
- A proven track record of excellent organizational skills and time management with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high pressure work environment is essential for this position.
- “Serving It Right” Certificate required - or be able to get one before start date.
- Excellent oral & written business communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, proficiency with email, internet and CRM applications. Experience using catering software programs is an asset.
- Passionate about catering and hospitality
- Highly energetic, independent, motivated, positive individual that owns and drives their success
- Proactive, outgoing and adaptable in an ever changing environment with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage time under pressure.
Thank you in advance to all those who apply, but only those qualified will be
We look forward to hearing from you!
Other job title for this role: Catering Manager, Catering Coordinator, Event
Manager, Event Coordinator, Catering Sales Manager, Catering Sales Coordinator,
Catering Events Specialist, Event Planner, Catering Planner, Sales Specialist,
Corporate Catering Planner, Corporate Catering Specialist.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
All staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6A 2C7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- successful catering sales, banquet, or food and beverage: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person