At SMS Equipment, our Manager, Acheson Facilities is responsible for the oversight of all facilities, grounds and common areas in Acheson and Northview ensuring they are safe, clean, organized and in good repair. The role will manage all improvements and facilitate repairs to ensure building standards and efficiency are maintained or enhanced as well as supervising the Facility Maintenance team to ensure that tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner. This position is based in Acheson,AB.
The salary range for this role is $100,000 - $120,000.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Facilities Preventative Maintenance Program, such as conducting regular inspections, program modifications, technology improvements and facility design modifications, etc.
- Oversee & audit daily/monthly/annual maintenance schedules of all equipment as requirements change. Reports are provided by Coordinator.
- Conduct daily, thorough inspections of all areas of responsibility whilst documenting and reporting as necessary.
- Review regular inspections completed by the Facilities Team for accuracy & documentation.
- Ensure the Facilities team is performing repairs in a safe and timely manner to acceptable standard.
- First point of contact for emergencies related to Facilities during working hours.
- Respond to facility alarms and system failures as required outside working hours as the escalation point to the on-call Facilities team member.
- Support and directly project manage CAPEX projects as necessary, and as initiated by the Manager, Facility Projects & Improvements.
- Provide direction to other facility users regarding outages, moves, changes, shutdowns, scheduled and emergency repairs.
- Complete the performance review process for the Facilities team.
- Lead and support talent recruiting.
- Lead the bid and tender process with the support of the Purchasing department.
- Authorize purchases related to the facilities, review invoices to ensure accuracy of charges and to ensure that contracts for building maintenance are current and cost effective.
- Manage contractors as per the agreed contract, ensuring safety, cost, and quality management.
- Periodically review service contracts to ensure needs are met.
- Audit the online tracking system to ensure WCB, liability insurance coverage, and training are up to date for contractors.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years experience in building maintenance/operations in an industrial or commercial setting, with at least 3 of years in a supervisor or management capacity leading a team. Other requirements include:
- Possess a general understanding of all facilities operations.
- Experience with Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Strong project management skills with a focus on detailed organization, communication and collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Agility and patience to manage short-notice requests in a highly reactive work environment.
- Ability to motivate, coach, direct and mentor a team.
- Ability to read and interpret technical building drawings.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, with a focus on problem solving and providing solutions.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, including WHMIS.
- A Facility Management Certification or Administration (FMC/FMA) would be considered an asset.
- Project Management experience and education would be considered an asset.
- A journeyperson trades ticket in a related field within a commercial / industrial environment (excluding residential) would be considered an asset.
As part of our recruitment process you may be required to complete the following:
- Reference Check
At SMS Equipment, safety is one of our values and we care for each other, without exception. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include competitive wages and a comprehensive group benefits plan and RRSP matching.