Downey Ford Saint John, NB is hiring Diesel Service Technicians
Downey Ford is family-owned and operated and has been servicing New Brunswick Ford buyers for almost 60 years.
The service Department is the largest shop in Southern NB. It has 24 work bays stocked with state-of-the-art tools and diagnostic equipment.
Downey Ford offers buyers in Saint John and southern New Brunswick a wide range of new Ford models and pre-owned Ford vehicles, as well as a modern servicing department. Downey Ford also offers genuine Ford parts and accessories, as well as a state-of-the-art body shop and detailing department.
The Automotive Service Technician inspects, maintains, and repairs automobiles. They execute basic care maintenance, diagnose complex problems while executing vehicle repairs.
- Duplicate, diagnose and repair full range of automotive service issues found on DIESEL vehicles including those of all electrical systems, engine, transmission, suspension, braking system and emission systems.
- Use shop equipment and diagnostic equipment with confidence and in accordance with all safety procedures.
- Expertly diagnose issues based upon experience, analysis, and testing
- Possess an increasingly broad knowledge of how DIESEL vehicles’ components work and interact.
- Perform routine service inspections, test, and lubricate engines and other major components.
- Know and adhere to safety and environmental standards for maintenance/repair facilities and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Communicate with Service Advisors
- Accurately complete repair orders and inspect DIESEL vehicles for safety concerns.
- Other items as deemed necessary by management.
- Completion of Automotive Service Technician trade certification is required.
- Proven mechanical abilities and direct work experience in DIESEL automotive repairs is required.
- Preferably hold T & T certification or be eligible to write certification.
- Must be able to provide and maintain a valid NB drivers license, drivers abstract and criminal background check.
- Have your own tools.
- Experience with operating electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Able to work well under pressure, strong attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate
- Up-to-date knowledge of automotive parts and their functions, with a willingness to expand your knowledge of new technology and repair and service procedures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team with the ability to manage your own time and workflow.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Must maintain all required OH&S certifications, must ensure a safe workplace and are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others in the workplace.
- Very busy shop
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs, twist, turn, bend and stand for long periods of time without restriction.
- Contribute to a safe work environment.
- Repetitive work.
- Competitive salary
- Group Health, Dental, Life, AD&D, LTD benefits after 3 months of employment
- Employer Matched Retirement Pension Plan after xix (6) months
- Employee discounts on parts, service, and vehicle purchases
- High performance culture, focused on customer experience.
- Experienced and hands on management staff
Candidates are encouraged to please submit an updated resume OR Stop by in person with resume to Downey Ford – 35 Consumers Drive, Saint John NB and ask for the Service Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, but only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$35.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint John, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Driver's License (required)
- service technician trade certification (required)
Work Location: In person