United Roofing Inc. is a growing and dynamic industry leader that prides itself on safety, quality, and customer satisfaction. In the past decade, United Roofing has grown from a small residential roofing business into a fully integrated building envelope contractor. Our offices in Calgary and Edmonton offer superior Commercial Roofing, Siding & Building Envelope Services, Traffic Coatings Application & Commercial Below Ground Waterproofing.
United Roofing Inc is looking to hire a full-time safety coordinator for our Calgary office. The overall task is to assist the safety officer in managing United Roofing’s safety program for roughly 170 employees. This position is ideal for someone who is starting out and would like to pursue a career in safety with the guidance of our safety officer. Our overall operation involves, roofing, waterproofing and cladding work throughout the Calgary area. The typical working hours required are from 6am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Key safety responsibilities:
- Perform daily site visits and complete safety report bi-monthly.
- Attend monthly foreman meeting and perform monthly company wide safety meeting.
- Assist the safety officer in monitoring fire extinguisher program with third party company.
- Assist the safety officer in ordering of safety documentation and safety supplies.
- Assist the safety officer in maintain certification for all equipment’s and inventory list/ maintenance logs.
Requirements and experience:
- NCSO Certification completed or in the process of being completed.
- Knowledge of OHS Regulations and Code necessary.
- Minimum 3 years field experience (roofing/metal preferred)
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
What United Roofing can offer you:
- Positive and Enjoyable Work Environment
- Industry Competitive Wages
- Co-pay Health Insurance (After 3 Months)
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Vehicle
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Continuing your education with NCSO Certification and Train the Trainer
*Only selected candidates will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
- Roofing/Metal: 3 years (required)
Work Location: On the road