We believe in the power of libraries.
We believe in their power to transform and improve our communities. We believe that access to information is a right not a privilege, and that access to information is crucial to the health of individuals and communities everywhere. We believe in the opportunities libraries give individuals to learn, grow, and improve themselves. We believe libraries should be more than relevant, they should be universally seen as indispensable to their communities. We believe in the crucial role libraries play as a communal space for individuals to gather, connect, exchange ideas, and create.
The Support Analyst provides troubleshooting and diagnosis, installation, and consultancy to customers using SirsiDynix applications, specifically Symphony, BLUEcloud Circulation, BLUEcloud Cataloging, Web Services and integration with third party products as well as other products assigned over time by the manager. This often involves in-depth interaction with a customer’s installation of SirsiDynix software and the database it runs on, as well as assisting customers as they troubleshoot their system configuration and database in order to effectively identify and resolve issues.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and debug issues related to company developed software applications. Confer with and advise customer on the use of applications. Create workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed.
- Exhibit a good understanding of daily library operations.
- Prioritize and manage workload through the company’s customer relationship management system in order to meet personal and team service level commitments. Ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Answer and log customer calls and maintain frequent contact with customers when resolving inquiries or problems. Create test scenarios to verify problems and proof code fixes and accurately document problems and solutions and/or workarounds for customers.
- Assist with quality assurance and testing procedures.
- Provide customers and staff with clarification on product functionality. Explain product capabilities and workflow to library contacts.
- Maintain open communication with all departments, individuals and resources within the company to perform all responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot web-based technologies on both server and desktop platforms.
- Attend regular training to increase software knowledge and remain up to date on newest developments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French, with the ability to create well written documentation and resolutions in both languages
- Strong working knowledge of desktop Microsoft Operating Systems and Web browsers
- Experience with Mac OS a plus
- Knowledge of web based application technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of enterprise web based applications
- Knowledge of Java, Apache Server, Perl and SQL is preferred
- Associate Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of relevant coursework, certifications, and experience is required.
- BA/BS Degree in Information Technology/Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field of study preferred.
- 6-12 months’ experience providing customer support preferred
- 12 + months’ experience working with SirsiDynix applications, library-related background, computer, customer service, or equivalent experience
- $45,000 to $60,000 USD salary range depending on qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Retirement Savings Plan – 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Qualified candidates must be able to pass background check and drug test (including marijuana). Please note that SirsiDynix is not currently pursuing the sponsorship of visas for those who require an H-1B or similar visa as a condition of ongoing employment in the United States.
At SirsiDynix, we make software for libraries. Libraries buy books from vendors, keep track of the books in their systems, and distribute the books to library users. The software we build helps them do that (and a lot more). We make products that:
- Give libraries the power of cloud computing
- Make it easy for library users to check out ebooks
- Let libraries use new technology like tablets and smartphones
- Make searching the library as easy as searching Google or Amazon
- Give libraries innovative ways to increase budgets by offering new services
We help more than 23,000 libraries answer the questions posed by new technology and changes in society. Are you ready to join us?
SirsiDynix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, sex, or age and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.