We have the coolest workplace. Our offices and both production floors are fully air conditioned.
Work location: 8 Rouse, Tillsonburg Ontario.
Systemair is a leading ventilation company with operations in 50 countries in Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and Africa. Systemair contributes to enhancing the indoor environment with energy-efficient and sustainable products that reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
Our Systemair facility located in Tillsonburg Ontario is the manufacturing center of commercial air handling units (AHU) for North America.
Our clean, air-conditioned facility along with the state of the art equipment and family like atmosphere provides a safe, comfortable and friendly work environment.
The Joint Health and Safety Coordinator at Systemair is an integral role responsible for supporting the company's commitment to promoting a safe and healthy work environment. This position involves coordinating health and safety communications, managing safety action items, maintaining health and safety records, and assisting with the development of new safety protocols.
· Monitors First Aid Occurrences in the IA App (used to record First Aid Occurrences)
· Perform and follow up on Investigations required for First Aid Occurrences and Risk Assessments within the workplace
· Investigate and create reports for near misses in the workplace
· Schedule Health and Safety Meetings and take detailed minutes
· Organize and maintain records of safety walks
· Manage records of Safety Certifications and initiate renewals as necessary
· Develop and enforce H&S policies
· SOP and Safety Protocols Development: Assist in creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for tooling and developing new safety protocols for new processes and equipment
· Oversee the 'Boards on Fire' safety cross and ensure consistency across company reporting apps (IA, Trello)
· Coordinate and distribute the "Safety Flash" communications to all global Systemair facilities
· Update ‘Boards on Fire’ company announcements and job postings as directed by Management
· Provides assistance and administrative support to the Production Manager
· Carry out other job duties as assigned to support the operations department
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Completed College Certification in Occupational Health and Safety Management
· JHSC certification preferred– or training will be provided
· Understanding of current Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and Regulations
· Experience in Occupational Health and Safety a must
· Previous experience in providing Health and Safety training preferred
· Manufacturing experience is a strong asset
· Previous experience in leading JHSC preferred
· Training in First Aid required – will provide training if not already certified
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively
· Working knowledge of Trello or similar project management tools an asset
· Professional level of written and oral communication required Thorough experience in Microsoft Office required
· Able to sit or stand 1-4 hours at a time
· Moderate physical requirements – able to lift up to 50lbs
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tillsonburg, ON N4G 5W8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person