ABOUT US: McNairn Packaging is a well-established leading food packaging manufacturer in Ontario. We are dedicated to meeting the unique needs of our customers by delivering superior service and value while providing high quality solutions that are innovative and flexible to their changing requirements.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- On-the-job training
- Competitive wages w/guaranteed increases and shift premiums
- Excellent Benefits (Extended Health & Dental, Prescriptions, Life, STD/LTD, RRSP, etc.)
- Challenging and rewarding work
THE ROLE: You will be responsible performing a wide range of duties, which may include performing packaging operations and tending equipment while adhering to established Food Safety, GMP's, HAACP and other manufacturing policies and guidelines. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a food packaging manufacturing and/or paper converting environment.
- Knowledge of Food Safety, GMP's, HAACP and other manufacturing methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively; such as ability interpret written materials and job instructions and express yourself when speaking and in writing.
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adhering to company policies with respect to health and safety, food safety and etc.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet production, quality and job standards; perform work with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to work with minimum supervision while working as a member of a team in a cooperative and respectful manner
- General housekeeping knowledge; ability to contribute to the maintenance of a clean, safe and injury-free work environment
- Knowledge of continuous operations and ability to routinely work rotating and/or weekend shift
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Must be able to keep pace with converting equipment, while standing, bending, gripping, reaching, and lifting on a regular basis throughout the shift
- Ability to safely lift, push and pull heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- If you are a customer-focused, dedicated, reliable and team-oriented individual who thrives in a physically demanding and challenging role and wants to be part of a growing and dynamic workplace, forward your resume by September 22, 2023
McNairn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
Please note that in applying for a position with McNairn Packaging (“McNairn”),applicants will be disclosing Personal Information about themselves and consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage, transfer and/or processing by McNairn of this Personal Information for all purposes related or incidental to your employment application and McNairn’s recruitment process
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $21.10 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitby, ON L1N 1C4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-22