Food and Nutrition Services (Hospital) has an opportunity for a
FOOD SERVICES AIDE, PART TIME TEMPORARY
(Approx. 6 Months)
7.5 Bi-weekly hours – Day, including alternate weekends
(Shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $23.2339 – $23.7254
The Food and Nutrition Services Department at Baycrest provides service to clients in the Baycrest Centre, the Apotex Jewish Home for the Aged, the Mountainview and Freeman Day Centres and the Terraces at Baycrest Retirement Home. Our vision is to provide safe, appetizing food of optimum nutritional quality to facilitate an enjoyable mealtime experience for patients, residents, staff and visitors in compliance with the Jewish laws of Kashruth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing food services duties as scheduled.
- Performing basic food preparation functions.
- Serves assigned items attractively, accurately, at the appropriate temperature specified and in accordance with portion size.
- Communicates concerns regarding food service, safety and equipment issues to appropriate Food Services Supervisor.
- Portioning food accurately, in accordance with production orders.
- Following Kashruth dietary laws.
- Adhering to food handling methods according to established standards of sanitation, infection control and safety.
- Keeping work area clean and sanitary according to Baycrest policies and procedures and Public Health practices and protocols.
- Participating actively in the department by attending departmental meetings, in-services and quality management activities.
- Adhering to infection control practices, policies and procedures.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum Grade 10 education equivalent is required; Grade 12 is preferred.
- One (1) year related experience in a food services environment, preferably an institutional setting.
- Previous experience working with the elderly.
- Food Handlers certificate is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- This is a unionized position with SEIU.
- Hourly Range: $23.2339 – $23.7254
- Vacation: 4%
- Lieu of Benefit: 14%
- Opportunity to enroll in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan(“HOOPP”)
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences
are changing the future of brain health and aging.