We currently have Casual opportunities for a Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist in the Ross Tilley Burn Centre at our Bayview campus.
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for providing Physiotherapy and/or Occupational Therapy Services to the Ross Tilly Burn Centre.
- Provide holistic PT/OT assessment, treatment and consultation for all patients admitted to the Burn Centre, with a focus on cardiorespiratory and musculoskeletal management including functional positioning with splints and other devices.
- Collaborate with patients and family to assess patient functioning to improve and optimize safety in occupational performance
- As part of interprofessional team, provide person-centred assessments and interventions, including recommendations for follow-up [i.e. home, community or rehabilitation]
- Actively participate in interprofessional team activities such as team meetings, clinical rounds, team huddles and quality improvement initiatives
- Participate in the supervision and education of occupational therapy students on an ongoing basis, and in support of Sunnybrook’s full affiliation with the University of Toronto
- Practice in accordance with regulatory body standards for practice
- Sc. [P.T.] or equivalent
- Licenced by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario or Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario required
- Experience working with Burn patients an asset
- One year acute care experience preferred
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to creatively problem-solve based on assessment results
- Understanding of and willingness to apply principles of inter-professional collaboration
- Mature, independent, and self-motivated
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy required
- Commitment to clinical excellence and use of Best Practices
- Demonstrated commitment to Person-Centred Care approach and principles
- Ability to demonstrate reflective practice
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 223546 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.